• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anger management and patience

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakerz

Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
Anyone else noticed their patience is much shorter now that they're military? Or that it gets harder to manage their anger?

Any tips on how to work those aspects of life?

Before the army, I was a perfectionist, but now it's at a whole new level... I can't stand eating with people (other than at the base) because they make so many noises (breathing, chewing, drinking, etc.) ... subjects they talk about are pointless (entertainment business rumors, mainstream news, etc...). I can't stand talking on the phone anymore, helping people because my patience runs low fucking fast... (because people take their time, etc)

I just miss being on base.... wow.  :eek:

If the problem is that you are losing your patience too easily, you need to work on getting it back.

It sounds like a smart-ass comment but its too true.  Going around the rest of your career with a lack of patience wont do well for your communications skills, nor will it enhance your ability to lead and manage troops in the future.

From the few examples provided, you might need to work on your own tolerance levels.  People eat noisily and talk about inane things during meals all around the world and expecting them to elevate themselves to your standards will only result in disappointment...

Yeah dude,

You probably just need to get over yourself.

When you say:
...expecting them to elevate themselves to your standards will only result in disappointment...

I hear:
... I'm a big douchebag for thinking I'm so much cooler now that I'm in week 10 of basic training...

Seriously.  You're not better than anyone.

:rofl:

Week 10....holy fuck. I need to buy a new monitor!

That one post made my day!

Regards

If that bothers you DON'T HAVE KIDS!!!!!!!!

This should be on another thread. The one about the dumbest thing you heard!!

...and boom, just like that, all credibility gone.    I'll bet you're one of the guys that go to the shopping malls in St. Jean on the weekends and keep your dog tags on the outside of your shirt.  Just to make sure all the citizens can see that you are super ordinary seaman and so much better than them.  ::)

I wish I had thought of that but when we got a weekend off from Cornwallis we had to wear our uniform off base. Kind of a giveaway. Dogtags on the outside would have been much easier to keep clean in the Lower Deck and Split Crow after the bus ride to Halifax. As for walking the streets or street of St Jean I'd rather walk along the canal. The view was nicer!

Your tired and stressed. Everything is going to get on your nerves. Get used to it and learn how to deal with it. If you can't the CF has people that can help.

..and with FDO's sage advice about the CF having people to help, along with a sprinkling of Wonderbread's "get over yourself", I think we can lock this up before the spiral begins.

Unless someone has something useful to add, and in that case, PM a Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back