• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Almost done!

Oxidd

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm almost in now. I just had my interview yesterday, and at the end the captain told me that he will recommend me for the job, he just needs the medical back from Ottawa. And since my medical went well and the med tech told me all should be ok, I should be in soon!

Navy here I come!

CoD: 285 Navy Electronics Technician (Tactical)

2nd and 3rd choices are the Comm and Sonar electronics tech (283 and 284)

I think its Radar instead of Tactical on the forces.ca website

I'm learning all about the joys of Army paperwork, my medical didn't go quite as smoothly as yours.  I did great on the CFAT and my interview, but the Medical Tech sent me home with a Headache Questionnaire to fill out for migraines that I got as a kid over ten years ago.

Yeah, I had to ask my doctor to fill a paper about my 'beauty marks' on my back. Nothing wrong about them, but they needed a confirmation.

Cool man, All that's left is for them to send your file to Ottawa to get a green light from them, then you get set up on the merit list. I'm on the merit list and am waiting for the call.

Best of luck to ya!

My file was sent 3 weeks ago... It should be back soon I think... and I hope... hehe

Good luck..

The process takes time but its worth the wait. I don't know about the Navy :( but its all good!

Hey Oxidd

I swear in on the 14th of September and leave on the 15th bound for Halifax.  I was offered N.E.T. (comms) 1st choice and took it. For the first part of the course all NET's are together so I will see you on course.  I say that because, as you passed your medical and are recommended by the interviewer you are a shoo in to get an offer.  It might take a little while but be patient.  From merit listed to offer I waited 3 months (although I had previous service so it took longer for me) so dont sweat it.  It'll come.

Congrats on joining the navy and see you on course.

Something new (it ain't much)

I called today at the recruiting center, and they told me that they got my medical back from Ottawa, all is ok with it, now they are waiting for a job offer from Ottawa...

Got my call today!

Swear in: october 12th
BMQ: october 15th

now i'm scared...  ;D

Haven't got my answer yet... been on the merit list since early August for Aerospace Engineer (officer) and changed it for Signals officer because there were no spots left for the Aerospace Eng. position. The BMOQ (officer training) is in January so I'm thinking they're likely to call me in late Nov/Early Dec for it. In any case, I just try to keep busy by training and working and keep my options open.

Thx for asking and hopefully I'll see you around  :salute: :cdn: 8)

Back