• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

I wrote a letter to the paper when all the pro vaxxers said "if you don't take the vax you should be denied health care".

That was always a shitty take. To remain morally defensible, publicly funded healthcare has to remain generally agnostic to actions a person may have taken that contribute to their illness. I do understand the arguments to the contrary and I sympathize with them- my wife and I pay a lot of taxes - but I’m cool with the Canadian social contract including the non-judgemental provision of healthcare. A lot of people got too zealous at that stage of the pandemic.

What? How dare you!!! We are entitled to health care and if I want to eat/drink/smoke myself to death then the public has to take care of me. (Sarcasm intended)

I wrote a letter to the paper when all the pro vaxxers said "if you don't take the vax you should be denied health care". My response was "who do we start? With the morbidly obese? Smokers? Drinkers? Suntanners"

How about diabetics...

Would you deny treatment to those who eat donuts? I mean, think of the police, man.... ;)

Diabetes is one of the most common chronic diseases affecting people living in Canada. There are three main types of diabetes in Canada: type 2 (90% of cases), followed by type 1 (9%) and gestational diabetes (less than 1%). Other types are uncommon. Although in all types of diabetes, the body does not produce enough insulin or use the insulin it produces effectively, each type may differ with respect to its potential causes, prognosis, and treatment. Over 3 million Canadians, or 8.9% of the population, have diagnosed diabetes and, after adjusting for the aging population over time, the prevalence has been increasing at an average rate of 3.3% per year. In addition, 6.1% of Canadian adults have prediabetes, putting them at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes.

It would seem that defenestrationitis is contagious, no?

Does anyone know where I can find the link that has the reference for how long you have to quarantine after testing positive for COVID?

Does anyone know where I can find the link that has the reference for how long you have to quarantine after testing positive for COVID?

Count Rugen The Princess Bride GIF by filmeditor

I’ve recently applied for the forces. I understand vaccines for many things are given at BMQ and prior to deployments which I have no problem with but I’m curious if the CAF is currently mandating covid boosters? I had the two primary shots required to visit my brother in the hospital a couple years ago and have no intention of receiving another mRNA vaccine.

I’ve recently applied for the forces. I understand vaccines for many things are given at BMQ and prior to deployments which I have no problem with but I’m curious if the CAF is currently mandating covid boosters? I had the two primary shots required to visit my brother in the hospital a couple years ago and have no intention of receiving another mRNA vaccine.
It depends. I am not seeing a blanket mandate for day to day work in unit lines in Canada.

To deploy on some Operations, it might be mandated. If you refuse to get whatever the mandated vaccines are for that theatre and render yourself undeployable, you will likely find yourself on the release train pretty quickly.

It depends. I am not seeing a blanket mandate for day to day work in unit lines in Canada.

To deploy on some Operations, it might be mandated. If you refuse to get whatever the mandated vaccines are for that theatre and render yourself undeployable, you will likely find yourself on the release train pretty quickly.
Thanks for the response. If it’s mandated, I’d just take the shot. Things could always change by then, never know. Lots of information coming out on mRNA. Appreciate it.

So today we had a Code Red and the inmate's oxygen levels were at 30%. And as far as I know it was COVID.

So today we had a Code Red and the inmate's oxygen levels were at 30%. And as far as I know it was COVID.
There are reports coming out of China of a “mysterious pneumonia” epidemic. Initial speculation of Chinese doctors are a possible recombination of a new Covid strain and Mycoplasma. Treatments require flushing the lungs of patients. Causing white lung disease.

There are reports coming out of China of a “mysterious pneumonia” epidemic. Initial speculation of Chinese doctors are a possible recombination of a new Covid strain and Mycoplasma. Treatments require flushing the lungs of patients. Causing white lung disease.
I know that I will regret this but, do you have source for that?

I know that I will regret this but, do you have source for that?
Don’t regret anything. Here’s a couple links. Also many others reporting on this. It was reported on ProMed, the same monitoring group that Covid was reported on in December 2019.

Don’t regret anything. Here’s a couple links. Also many others reporting on this. It was reported on ProMed, the same monitoring group that Covid was reported on in December 2019.

I'll take ProMed over The Daily Mail and Telegraph sensationalism.

Back