• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircrew Selection/ACS (Merged)

Thanks, for all of the feedback and the web link.  That answered most of the questions.  Now I just have to wait for the testing, thanks to everyone of the pointers WRT the ASC.  I have noted: relax, cross-check over and over and have fun.  There is nothing I can do to prepare even though I have logged over 10 hours on a commercial multi sim and 4 hours in a friends beach baron.  :D  Anyone else doing ASC 28 April to 2 May 2008?

2fly said:
Thanks, for all of the feedback and the web link.  That answered most of the questions.  Now I just have to wait for the testing, thanks to everyone of the pointers WRT the ASC.  I have noted: relax, cross-check over and over and have fun.  There is nothing I can do to prepare even though I have logged over 10 hours on a commercial multi sim and 4 hours in a friends beach baron.  :D  Anyone else doing ASC 28 April to 2 May 2008?

I hope all goes well, best of luck.

Corey Darling said:
I am,  I guess I'll see you there :)

Got my blue guide book yesterday. Pretty straight forward.

For those who are going on the 28th, did you apply for Pilot through ROTP?

I did, ROTP through Civi at Uvic.

They phoned me with my offer back in february i think.

This is my 4th attempt at pilot.

Every year for the past 3 years, I had heard they were changing the vision standards - and they didnt. Well, I'm glad I turned everything else down and kept at it because they have finally changed the standards :D  I guess I have to stop wearing my Ortho K contacts again for the Medical in Toronto. :(

Corey Darling said:
I did, ROTP through Civi at Uvic.

They phoned me with my offer back in february i think.

This is my 4th attempt at pilot.

Every year for the past 3 years, I had heard they were changing the vision standards - and they didnt. Well, I'm glad I turned everything else down and kept at it because they have finally changed the standards :D  I guess I have to stop wearing my Ortho K contacts again for the Medical in Toronto. :(

Good for you!

That is what I thought: ROTP candidates are still being booked for ASC. I did have a tentative booking for April 14th, but it was cancelled.

Good luck!

I have the course load list.  For confidentiallity reasons, I will only list last name and location but here are the CEOTP and ROTP's that are goung through a recruiting center.  The others on the list are internal applications from PRes and RegF such as myself (14 in total)...

Bruce - Victoria
Darling - Victoria
Jewer - St.  Johns
Militaru - Toronto
Mongeon - Yellowknife
Pynn - Corner Brook
Thomas - Toronto

Hope some of you are on it that have been waiting.

Cool :)

So you're based out of Esquimalt? Maybe we'll be schedualed for the same flight over. Im in Nanaimo

Good Luck to all :)

2fly said:
I have the course load list.  For confidentiallity reasons, I will only list last name and location but here are the CEOTP and ROTP's that are goung through a recruiting center. 

Well I'll be...there are CEOTP'ers on there. That's not what I was told. All I can do it laugh at this point.

Again, good luck!

That sounds like a good possibility.  There are two of us from the Navy and two from CFRC Victoria so more than likely all four of us will fly out together.

Just to confirm, yes the cognitive test has been phased out. I did ASC back in February and none of my group did it even though it was still on the sheet. I'd been told that a few weeks before that they decided to start doing it only for people who'd had ADD or something similar before.

Yeah, some people take a good guess as to who is loaded on these things but until CFRG in Borden puts out the load message, you can only speculate.  Atleast, that is my experience.

As for the CEOTP's on the course...  There are 8 people that are internal applicants from this years re-muster competition.  As for the CEOTP's that are civi through the recruiting center there is only 1.  The others are ROTP.

Possibly no cog screen eh?  Well, that is possibly one more thing off of my list that might fail us.  ^-^

Just to confirm.

Is there a written portion for the Pilot exam? Or is that stricktly for Anav.  If you do write the Anav tests, will the score affect Pilot?

Nope, the written that is done first before the sim is for ANAV only and has no reflection on if you pass the pilot (sim).  I was doing some reading up on the design of the CAPSS.  I found a research article that reviewed the viability of the CAPSS compared to the old method and how the CFAT scores compare to the CAPSS results.  Neat stuff.  The CAPSS measures some 30 different paramaters every second of flight.  All of them are measurements of percent error.  So I can see how a person keeping the heading 5 deg off or the alt 20 ft off will make them fail.

Do you know if the Airnav test is manditory if your're only applying for pilot?  Guess it cant hurt to take it.  Im pretty sure i wont be able to pass it anyway lol.

Corey Darling said:
Do you know if the Airnav test is manditory if your're only applying for pilot?  Guess it cant hurt to take it.  Im pretty sure i wont be able to pass it anyway lol.

Everyone writes the Air Nav test, regardless of whether or not you have Air Nav listed as one of your choices. It's just part of the Aircrew Selection process. If you're applying only for pilot and fail the Air Nav test, it doesn't matter, it doesn't affect your chances of being offered pilot. So yes, to answer your question, the Air Nav test is mandatory for all candidates going through ACS.

Dec/6/2007- I was put on the ASC for april 7th,2008. Two weeks before, I was told that only ROTPs, CETOTPs were going first so I was bump off the test another time. :-\ (No new date has been given to me)

volition said:
Dec/6/2007- I was put on the ASC for april 7th,2008. Two weeks before, I was told that only ROTPs, CETOTPs were going first so I was bump off the test another time. :-\ (No new date has been given to me)

That's funny - I am CEOTP and my date in April was cancelled. Two weeks before my date I hadn't heard anything so I contacted them. I was told I wasn't going until they had the SIP numbers for this year. No new dates have been given to me either. I am not complaining, I just thought that it was funny that you were told you were bumped for CEOTP'ers and I am a CEOTP'er that was bumped. Maybe that's a sign for me. "Stop buggin' us Pte!"

Back