• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Techs and AEREs Wear the Operations Badge

Scoobs

Inactive
Reaction score
To the mods/staff of Milnet.ca/Army.ca,

I realize that this topic has been brought up before, but perhaps the approach taken by the other Air Force member who did bring it up was incorrect.  His point of Air Techs and AEREs not being part of the "support" trades is valid.  AEREs and Air Techs wear the Air Force operations badge, not the supply or logistics badge.  It is quite a sensitive subject for some mbrs.  My suggestion is to perhaps create another section under the Air Force main one that is entitled Air Force Operations.  This would encompass all the operation badges, which includes AEREs, Air Techs, pilots, navs, etc.

The easiest way to understand lumping AEREs and Air Techs into the "support" trades is to call an infanteer attached to an NSE supply convoy a supply tech.  I know that this would not go over well. 

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

Scoobs, good point.  Will discuss with Mike on this to update the forums.  I foresee a name change from "Air Crew Trades" to "Air Operations"

G2G

But alas the poor Loadmaster.

Stuck out in the cold as an anomaly. Still wearing his Log hatbage. Where would they fall under the new classification.

I feel your pain mover1.  I'm surprised that you guys still wear the log badge.  I know that you guys are aircrew, so why haven't you guys changed to the air ops badge?

mover1 said:
But alas the poor Loadmaster.

Stuck out in the cold as an anomaly. Still wearing his Log hatbage. Where would they fall under the new classification.

Mover, stop feeling sorry for yourself!  You've got wings, don't ya?  ;)

Mover belongs here.

Cheers,
G2G

No wings yet.  I just have a handfull of course loading messages and claims in my hand. But I am well on my way.

As for the hatbadge , I really don't know where the trade will be going with it. There is talk. But who knows.

Good luck then.  I think with the 17 and 130J's, your future will be pretty solid!

Cheers
G2G

Well I have been told by the CM and by a few others what lies in store for me (aircraft wise). But I don't want to Jynx it. So I will keep it to me for now.

First Step is my AMT next week.
Then I have my TAT (MAMS) in YTR the next week after. 
Sea Survival in Nov
SERE in Feb
Loadie course in March

niceasdrhuxtable said:
SERE in Feb? You poor soul ;(

...as opposed to SERE in black fly/mosquito season?  :eek:

I'd take Feb any time!

G2G

I did mine in May, it was perfect. No rain, no bugs. It wasn't hot, it wasn't cold, it wasn't muddy. If I ever have to crash into the wilderness, I hope it's in May :D

Actually it has been changed to January.

I was given the choice on wether I wanted the Jan or Feb course.

Having been posted to Shilo once upon a blue moon I know (and this sounds a little sad and stupid but its true) That Manitoba is WARMER in January than in February.

mover1 said:
Having been posted to Shilo once upon a blue moon I know (and this sounds a little sad and stupid but its true) That Manitoba is WARMER in January than in February.

Which day?

Back