• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AIR SOFT CLEARING CUSTOMS?

Blunt Object

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone know the policy on getting Airsoft weapons shipped here (canada)  from the states?

Blunt Object said:
Anyone know the policy on getting Airsoft weapons shipped here (canada)  from the states?

Go through a dealer authorized to import replicas.

Good luck.  I have a friend that tried to ship a couple pistols over, but they wouldn't allow it.  The reasoning being that they are replicas.  An airsoft, or even red/blue guns have been seized, but you can get actual airgun pistols without any licenses that look more real than most replicas.   ??? ::)

Try ordering from some of the canadian airsoft suppliers

Edit: Hatchet Man beat me to it. 

If you want to waste a couple hundred bucks, yea order from the US or Asia.

ONLY buy from Canadian retailers, goto www.airsoftcanada.com an it has most/all of the Canadian Retailers listed.

Hatchet Man said:
Kal said:
Good luck.  I have a friend that tried to ship a couple pistols over, but they wouldn't allow it.  The reasoning being that they are replicas.  An airsoft, or even red/blue guns have been seized, but you can get actual airgun pistols without any licenses that look more real than most replicas.  ??? ::)

Try ordering from some of the canadian airsoft suppliers

Edit: Hatchet Man beat me to it. 
MikeL said:
If you want to waste a couple hundred bucks, yea order from the US or Asia.

ONLY buy from Canadian retailers, goto www.airsoftcanada.com an it has most/all of the Canadian Retailers listed.

Try www.rangersairsoft.com or www.007airsoft.com for airsoft stuff.

KevinB said:
This has what to do with Wpns and Eqpt?

Yeah, ummm, isn't there a thread on airsoft stuff in Radio Chatter already?

Canadian airsoft websites are way to expensive. If I'm going to spend 2 or 300 on a airsoft I might as well just buy a real pistol from www.marstar.ca for the same price.

Hatchet Man said:

No dealer is allowed to import replicas - replicas are illegal to import. Airsoft is some weird gray area for some reason - however, for all the sense this makes - dewats are perfectly legal. ???

Some info on why Airsoft Guns sold by Canadian Retailers are more expensive than in the US.

The basic breakdown is this:

Cost of gun: $200 U.S.

Exchange at 1.20: add $40 Can.

Duty at border 30%: add $72 Can.

Freight from Asia: add $30 Can. per gun

Brokerage: add $10 Can. per gun

Customs inpection fees, license cost ($1250 Can.) are not included. This brings a $200 U.S. gun to a wopping $352 Can. cost to dealer. Now they have to add in fixed costs of running a business, like staff, rent, general overhead, phone and some even include the GST. On top of that, the license usually limits the holder to only 3 of any model of gun, so volume buying can be risky. It's very likely that the gun you see for $200 U.S. is being sold for $450 Canadian. In many cases that leaves less than $50 profit for the retailer.

In a volume sales environment, that's fine, but no retailer in Canada is capable of volume sales. There just isn't the market for it. I know that I wouldn't do it for so little profit.

BTW, I forgot to mention those occasional customs seizures that can cost you $5000 U.S. or more in lost product that you'd likely never get back. Every retailer has had to deal with that at one time or another. That's got to figure in there somewhere, too.

Info on Airsoft and Canadian Law
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=3931&highlight=legal

Airsoft is still legal because, they can't be classified at replicas cause they can cause bodily harm, but can't be classified as a firearm because most( i say most because i know guys who upgrade there guns to a firearm status just becasue they can) have a FPS under 500fps.

I'v heard good things from Marstar. I'm waiting for Harper to scrap the gun registry then I may order a .22 to start with. They have a nice .22 10 shot repeater for $150.

ther's a new retailer that just opened and they have some pretty decent prices!

www.aasurplus.ca

Their out of Neepawa, Manitoba

Back