• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Force Fleece in an Army unit.

Jungle said:
Ha !! I've been on an Air Force base for some time now, and dress is not anywhere near the top of things bothering me...

Some of my concerns have to do with senses:

Sense of entitlement (a big one)
Sense of urgency (the lack of it)
Common sense (still looking for it...)

;)

Now that is worth remembering.

Jungle said:
Ha !! I've been on an Air Force base for some time now, and dress is not anywhere near the top of things bothering me...

;)

Try to add some levity :nod:

Along comes the CA guy to poke you in the eye with reality ;D

recceguy said:
Try to add some levity :nod:

Along comes the CA guy to poke you in the eye with reality ;D

Oh, I do that... nearly everyday !!  ;D

Jim Seggie said:
I was on 17 Wing this afternoon. All RCAF pers I observed outdoors was wearing fleece as an outer garment, some with their shirt tails hanging out from underneath. The RSM in me was , shall we say, less than impressed.

When the new fleece was first issued, it was given as the same size as our current Cadpat shirt.  However, the fleece are styled more as a bomber-style jacket that does not have the length of the shirt.

When I went in to get mine, many sizes were not available and I was able to get one that was a size longer then my shirt.  That made it the same length as my shirt but at least the shirt doesn't hang out.

I agree that it doesn't look good at all and the length made (or at least issued) should have been taken into consideration.

Well, as far as the CADPAT shirts being longer than the fleece, I'm guessing there were no girls from Quebec there. 

Hopefully no offense to anyone, but none of the French courses I saw at CFMSS (or whatever they call themselves now) seemed to realize that the shirt is supposed to be long.....  ::)

Jungle said:

The lack of urgency drives me insane, I find it very noticeable on 14 Wing.  Getting anything done on the Admin side of the base always feels like a fight.

As for common sense?  I feel this whole thread is lacking common sense.  RCAF members get a Fleece JACKET, and there are people here who just can't seem to wrap their head around that, it is a jacket, it has slip ons, a place for your name tag, clearly this is to be worn as an outer garment.  So now we have RCAF members who should be permitted to wear it, and we have people lacking common sense, that are denying that, for no real reason, other than stubbornness or they don't like the look of it.  The tone of the posts seems like the CA folks take great pride in making life difficult for the RCAF folks.   

I have the Army fleece, only wore it on SERE, as an outer garment, I have never seen anyone wear fleece as an undergarment.  Go into any store, it is not with the undergarments, it is with the jackets and sweaters.  So if anyone is lacking common sense it is those who lose their mind when they see fleece being worn as a jacket. 

The CA folks better get used to seeing the fleece, once the Chinooks are in full swing they will be seeing more of it.

Slow down there Chuckles - I don't go out of my way to disrespect the RCAF.

I may not like the fleece thing, but it ain't my place to tell the RCAF how to dress.

Dolphin_Hunter said:
So if anyone is lacking common sense it is those who lose their mind when they see fleece being worn as a jacket.

I agree... and I have seen Army Sgts-Maj lose their minds over the fleece. What a lot of people forget is that the combat uniform is operational clothing, not a fashion statement. How it looks is nowhere near as important as how it performs.

DEU is another matter.

airmich said:
When the new fleece was first issued, it was given as the same size as our current Cadpat shirt.  However, the fleece are styled more as a bomber-style jacket that does not have the length of the shirt.

When I went in to get mine, many sizes were not available and I was able to get one that was a size longer then my shirt.  That made it the same length as my shirt but at least the shirt doesn't hang out.

I agree that it doesn't look good at all and the length made (or at least issued) should have been taken into consideration.

i had that on my mind when i first got my fleece. then i started pulling the bottom of the cadpat shirt up underneath the fleece(nowhere does it say you can't) and i havent' had one issue with the sqn chief here walking around like that.

Anybody (maybe the supply types) have a stock code for the new fleece jacket ? trying to translate the latest set of clothing scales.  Mainly if the CIC types who wear blue are included in the "all RCAF pers" mention in the CANFOR (AIR?)GEN posted in this thread.

Any info pretaining to this would be helpful.

cheers,

PV

According to the CEMS site:

SIGC 8415-20-005-7561

No idea on entitlement for CIC folks, sorry.

Nope, that's perfect.  Didn't think to check CEMS for NSN.  Thanks for that.

It seems that we are indeed included in the blanket issue.

Cheers,

PV

PViddy said:

Cheers,

PV

You guys got blankets too?  I want one!

Wait...I can imagine what all the green machine types will think about a RCAF blanket!  :blotto:  ;D

Eye In The Sky said:
You guys got blankets too?  I want one!

Wait...I can imagine what all the green machine types will think about a RCAF 'Linus security' blanket!  :blotto:  ;D

TFTFY

I wish we got Linus Blankets, the only ones I ever got were Sheraton, Hilton or Crowne Plaza blankets.

Cheers,

PV

PV<----  Well deserved

Well played! lol

cheers,

PV

Back