• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

After 4 yrs absence, I leave for Canada tomorrow on some serious R&R!

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Well, the last time I had a Labatt's Blue was in 2000. The last time I had Old Dutch BBQ potato chips was in 2000 also. These are a few of the wierd things one thinks about. 4 yrs can be along time. Much has happened in our world since then.

I even had to have a security brief by the USO (a half hr of the USO telling me, "this makes no sense to me telling you this, you spent the first 35 yrs of your life there, too bad it wasnt me going instead"). I got a 4 page Int handout on the dangers of Canada. Sadly the mosquitos were not mentioned   ;D

Anways after a 4yr absence, I am returning for my sisters 25th wedding anniversary (its on Saturday), plus visiting many relatives, friends, and a few local pubs too.

So as of 1800 Wednesday Cdn CST, I will be on my way to Regina.

I have alrready got a 'wng o' about the mosquito 'sitrep', but I am looking forward to the long days (its winter time here and dark by 1700 here and cold). 5C this am, so dont ever think winter is like Hawaii here in Sydney. No central heat. It was 11C inside this am. Bloody freezing.

What a day to return. Canada Day, so after the bunch of us go to the local Houston Pizza on Hill Ave, in Regina's south, its off to the fireworks at Wascana Park, then time to sleep off the jet lag. After all 16 timezones can be a drag.

Cheers,

Wes

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it Boston Pizza. By the way welcome back.

Any chance you'll be in Toronto at all?

Slim

Maybe as far east as Virden Manitoba, home of www.wolverinesupplies.com as I know the director (former mbr of 26 Fd RCA Brandon), and plan to get a few rds down range hopefully. Nancy is hot for the West Edmonton Mall too.

TO in 2006 maybe.

Check out the above website!

cheers,

Wes

Woo, have fun in Canada!
Maybe I'll be able to go to Toronto when you visist there... only 45 minutes away!

Anyway, this really doesn't have anything to do with your coming to Canada but..
My cousin came back from 6 months in Australia, and she has a friggen accent!
I didn't know they developed that quickly...  :-\

Have a good time Wes.........

...and don't have too many wobbiley pop.  :blotto:  ;D

Wait a sec....who am I to be preaching?

Regards and welcome home

Well, its 0500, the taxi comes in 90 short minutes! The next time I post, I will be back!

Cheers,

Wes

Have a good time while your home.

Cheers Wes!

Well, after 26 hrs door to door, we made it! Its a freezing 18C here in Regina, but tonight its off to the park for some fireworks.

I had that Labatts Blue today (a few actually) :blotto: , along with that Houstons Pizza, followed by   :cdn: Canada Day   :cdn: cupcakes. After 4 yrs away, it feels good to be back.

Cheers,   ;D

Wes

Hope you're having fun Wes.......

Don't forget to bring some beer home with you.

Regards

I am nursing 3 hangovers in three days  :blotto:

Cheers,

Wes

PS - off to another barbie tonight for more, this time home brewed moonshine  ;D (my hillbilly relations, moose and elk steaks too)

Back