• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

advice needed please

Future_Medic

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi

I am about to start my workout to prepare for BMQ, and i was wondering if anyone had used the insanity that's shown on TV? it looks like its mostly sit up and push up and stuff we would do there , and i was wondering if it would be something to do or is it a waste of time - in relation to the physical reg ?

thanks for any advise

Hey FM,  I have P90X and Insanity both and I would highly recommend either one as they are extremely challenging. I'm starting insanity in a few days as I start BMQ  on Nov 1st. There's alot more to the program then just "sit-ups and push-ups". I have followed P90x for 6 months and I've lost 60 lbs of pure fat and I'm in the best shape of my life :) that's my :2c: good luck

wow 60 lbs is great  :D at least i know they work , once my sun burns finish healing on my legs im gonna start, is px90 mostly for men of can females do it too?

Future_Medic said:
wow 60 lbs is great  :D at least i know they work , once my sun burns finish healing on my legs I'm gonna start, is px90 mostly for men of can females do it too?
thanks FM :) , P90x and Insanity is designed  for men and women alike, you just go at your own pace and push yourself as you progress. By the way , I read that pickle juice works good for sunburns lol

I hear nothing but good things about p90x.

But i would think starting with the basics is a better idea till you can work your way up to it. You will get more out of it if you have good stamina.

I've never done PX90 or Insanity.  No comments there.  I have done my fair share of military PT though.

Remember though that you will be running, and marching with light to heavy loads.

Don't forget roadwork or the treadmill.  IMO, the only thing that will get you better at running and walking with a load on your back is...running and walking with a load on your back.  It will also toughen up your feet (some)...and there isn't anything fun about big effin blisters all over your feet.

Train for everything you will be doing on BMQ.  It doesnt matter how long you've done PX90 if you can't run 50 feet on BMQ.

:2c:

DavieRocket77 said:
Hey FM,  I have P90X and Insanity both and I would highly recommend either one as they are extremely challenging. I'm starting insanity in a few days as I start BMQ  on Nov 1st. There's alot more to the program then just "sit-ups and push-ups". I have followed P90x for 6 months and I've lost 60 lbs of pure fat and I'm in the best shape of my life :) that's my :2c: good luck

incredible 60lbs...i will check out p90X..thanks for the heads up on it!

Back