• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Admin question

AliG

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I retired in 2012 and received all pay and severances prior to 2013; reflected on the 2012 T4. However I received another T4 for 2013 for other income from Mil pay, yet I cannot discern why (40 - other allocations and expenses).

However, I am quite certain that I did not receive any "income" from mil pay in 2013 (no deposits or checks).

As this does not pertain to pensions, who do I contact to follow up on this (phone/email)?

Thanks for any guidance.

I think everyone has the exact same question, as $4.40 is showing on alot of T4's listed under Box 40.  Page 2 of the T4 says.....

Do not report these amounts on your tax return. For Canada Revenue Agency use only.(Amounts in boxes 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, and 86 are already included in box 14.)

It's a taxable benefit of some sort, I'm thinking related to either PSHCP or PSDCP.

Thanks for the quick answer, but without going into details, it's quite a bit more than 4 dollars, and the same amount appears in box 14, with CPP and EI deducted (but no tax).

I'm not sure if getting in contact with Mil Pay directly will help, as I probably will not show up as current, and the local release section no longer have any docs.

Besides, I either need an email address to send request to, or phone # to contact; both of which I currently do not have and I'm not even confident that they would be the contact point.

Would the pension folks be, even as this is not related to pensions?

AliG said:
Thanks for the quick answer, but without going into details, it's quite a bit more than 4 dollars, and the same amount appears in box 14, with CPP and EI deducted (but no tax).

I'm not sure if getting in contact with Mil Pay directly will help, as I probably will not show up as current, and the local release section no longer have any docs.

Besides, I either need an email address to send request to, or phone # to contact; both of which I currently do not have and I'm not even confident that they would be the contact point.

Would the pension folks be, even as this is not related to pensions?

It the top of T4 indicates MILPAY or some derivitive, you need to speak with someone in Ottawa and not pension services.  I will PM you a phone number to call in the morning.

Issue figured out and resolved - inattention in documents lookup due sorely to poor search skills of the op.  :facepalm: 

Thanks for the help.

Mod, you could close this thread.

Back