• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Accepting the Queen‘s Shilling

Why did I join?
(in no particular order)
To do something that is really hard, that pushes me beyond my limits.
To defend my country.
To do cool army stuff like shoot guns and blow stuff up.

I wish Canada had something like the States with job protection and stuff. I know a lot of reservists have a hard time getting time off work to do courses. (those who arn‘t in school) Let alone tours.

I know what you mean. I wonder if stuff really did happen, what would we be able to do. With the sorry state the reserves are in I doubt if they would be sent over on active duty. Better to see to the home guard, maybe.
I was never Army, however, grew up a brat. Therefore, needless to say, if I was 20 years younger I would join now.

Cheers

Ender, I think the majority of Reservists are cut from the same ‘cloth‘ as you. I put in my release in April but it‘s still is floating around in the system. My son asked me what I would do if they ‘mobilzed‘
the Reserve and called me up on ‘active duty‘ since I‘m not really released yet. I said "Guess I would dress in green and hang around in the middle of a field". No-one actually WANTS to get their asses shot off, but this is what we signed on the dotted line for and have been trained for. However, if the CO says "Who‘s volunteering", I don‘t stand up first, because over 3/4 of my Regt has their hands up. But if he said "We are ALL going", well guess I‘d be packing up my old kit bag... :crybaby:

For those who are worried about their "university careers", the government has historically setup various schemes during and after a war to help the troops resume or start their studies at university. And do remember the day you were sworn in by the Crown.

Canadian Forces Oath of Allegiance

I, undersigned

Joe Bloggins

Do swear that I will be faithfull and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, her heirs and successors according to law.

So help me God.

Don‘t ever turn your back on God, Queen, and Country. Whoever would dare do that is a coward in my book!!!!

-the patriot- :cdn:

Back