• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A very nice thing happened to me and my family

This thread reminds me of when I got home from 1-10. My gf met me in Petawawa, and the one thing I was craving more than anything was a hamburger. We ended up at Kelsey's because my gf had a coupon of some sort (she is obsessed with coupons lol).. Anyways, turns out she couldn't use it there because it specified the Ottawa one but long story short the manager gave us our meals for free upon hearing it was my first day back.

I was on my way back from being on a 'highway of heros' ceremony, in my cadet uniform. (Yes, I had prior premission.) Anyways, we stopped at Timmies, but before we could pay, the mother behind us (with 3 young kids!) paid for our order. I refused, but she contiuously insisted. Thanked her profusedly, and gave the kiddos my extra tally. Gotta love them! :cdnsalute:

I haven't seen anything on this thread in quite a while, so it think it's time to post another story.

There I was.....

Sitting alone in an East Side Mario's in Bell's Corners, in uniform, waiting for another CWO to join me prior to a meeting in the west end.

I ordered a pizza and a beer.  The family of four next to me, had two small kids, one of whom, the baby boy, was all full of energy and making me chuckle.  We played googly eyes - me looking over my shoulder and him laughing.  A few minutes later they left.

When it came time to pay my bill, the waitress told me that the father had paid for my pizza!  :)

Wouldn't it be cool if we could collect all these great stories and put it in a book or something, call it "BZ Canadians, from your military'.

2010newbie said:
I was waiting at a bus stop today in my combats and an older gentleman pulled into the parking lot behind me and asked me where I was going. I told him and he offered me a lift, to which I politely declined. He was insistent and after I agreed, he drove me to my destination. Turns out he was a self described "Army Brat" and he currently is a bus driver. We had a nice chat along the way and it was extremely nice of him to go the 15 mins out of his way to drop me off.

Thanks John.

Lucky you weren't filleted.

Back