• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A question about Battle School

• Thread starter riddleofsteel
  • Start date
R

riddleofsteel

While a lot of questions have been asked about the level of physical fitness required for recruit training, I would like to know what level of physical fitness is required for success at one of the Battle Schools. I am under the impression that there is a marked increase in the tempo and intensity of physical training. Am I correct? What are some good goals to work towards and, with hard work and determination, surpass?

Are you infantry? I completed my QL3 INF in 1998, and I can assure you the tempo is a lot higher than for QL2, more PT, less sleep etc. however you will learn a lot you just more than likley be volunteering to do it again. It is difficult but deffinately do able. If I were you I‘d aim to be able to do 25-30 push-ups, 40 sit-ups and be able to march 4-5 km with a 30lbs ruck. If you can do this at the start you be in a good position as they build upto the harder marches and the final Ex. good luck, don‘t quit ever, avoid MIR like the plauge, and most importantly keep a good attitude; soud lame but it is vital.

Shhhh.....try and get the JTF2 Pre-selection PT book. Tailor it to your present abilities and go from there. Strength is very important, but also muscle endurance. Their workouts are made for that reason. For example...maybe you can do 50 pushups...but can you do 15 sets of 20....endurance.

Check out this website.
SEALs Pre-selection work out...
http://www.sealchallenge.navy.mil/workout.htm
:cool:

Back