• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A good sense of Humour

StevenPeece

Inactive
Reaction score
I found this on another site.

The Dutch host was apparently sacked, but I thought he had a great sense of humour.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e837119690

Note:  Give the video time to buffer.

What do you think? ;D

Cheers

Steve

I'm quite sure the guest and his wife did not think so.  Why would they have had that on a talk show that looks on a par with Maury Povitch?  Mind you, Maury has shown more compassion than this particular host.

I agree the optics of this doesn't depict a host with alot of compassion.

Having some previous technical experience in the broadcast industry, the role of a host isn't
as easy as it looks.  The amount of concentration on presentation, subject matter, and
directions from master control balances distractions from the audience, the director, the producer,
lights, countdowns, events on set, as well as stress he may personally feel.  Theres alot of mental
multi-tasking dispite what you may see from the camera's perspective.

At one point or another, something will strike an emotional nerve, we all get it at one point in time;
your trying to concentrate on many things, but something amusing stays in the mind's shift registers and
the giggles start.  I've seen some host's break down and cry depending on subject matter.  Mental
and emotional control does lapse with the best of them.

I think the pitch of the husband's voice was the trigger. 

Back