• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Whether the decision is correct or not, on Garland not being charged, a large portion of the population will just add it to the two tiered justice system file. Good on congress for trying, but they should have known that when it comes to Biden, it wasn't going to fly. However, I hope they keep trying.

Trying to prove biden took bribes is unspectacular. There are probably hundreds of politicians, municipal all the way to POTUS, that are conducting shady business in furtherance of their own greed. The part that sticks in my craw, is the ties to the West's most powerful and blatant enemy, China. I draw the line at consorting with the enemy.

What I find funny about the Biden kerfuffle is how much the left is losing their minds about it. They lie and manufacture shit about Trump and the right, 24/7 and this one comical case for Biden sets their hair on fire.🤣
And "the right" has been collectively calm, cool, collected & reasonable about Trump's conviction, comparing him to Jesus Christ all over the socials here and here?

The worst of both far ends of the spectrum seem to be as bad as each other most days :(

To be clear, those two points in time being Jan 6th, then the subpoena date?
No; 2017 when Bannon was part of the administration and may have fallen under an umbrella of executive privilege, and the period in late 2020/early 2021 leading up to January 6th when he was committing acts that drew the committee’s attention.

Whether the decision is correct or not, on Garland not being charged, a large portion of the population will just add it to the two tiered justice system file. Good on congress for trying, but they should have known that when it comes to Biden, it wasn't going to fly. However, I hope they keep trying.
It's not really two-tier. Obama's AG Eric Holder was held in contempt by a Republican-controlled House, and Trump's AG Bill Barr was held in contempt by a Democrat-controlled House. In the latter case, it was because members wanted an "original document" (the unredacted Mueller report), which is essentially the same as the current case (audio interview recordings).

I'm not sure how this will go down, but seniors typically vote Republican, according to some outlets.
Endorsements aren't always worth much. Union members, for example, haven't been following union endorsements for Democrats as much as they once did. One of the central political ideas which is destabilizing political alignments is "I'm not doing what my betters demand/suggest/plead any more".

On the economic front, it was noted that food for an average family of 4 has gone up approx 11k from the previous year.

I’d like to point out that neither my wife’s nor my salary went up 11k in that same span. So if you aren’t a double income dual 6 plus figure income you are probably feeling significant pain.

I’ve noticed bread is up around 450% if not more, the average loaf price at Wegmans here was .99 now at 4.99 within 2 years.

And "the right" has been collectively calm, cool, collected & reasonable about Trump's conviction, comparing him to Jesus Christ all over the socials here and here?

The worst of both far ends of the spectrum seem to be as bad as each other most days :(
It's objectively true that both Jesus and Trump suffered political prosecution.

That doesn't mean Trump is a saint or Christlike, but the idea that one cannot compare things that are dissimilar is not grounded in rationality.

No; 2017 when Bannon was part of the administration and may have fallen under an umbrella of executive privilege, and the period in late 2020/early 2021 leading up to January 6th when he was committing acts that drew the committee’s attention.
Well see that doesn't make sense because you said "proximity to Donald Trump". In 2017, Bannon's claim to executive privilege was not founded on "proximity to Donald Trump", but rather, to his status as a USG executive (Chief WH Strategist).

Now, I get this is semantics and you may just be getting tangled in the minutiae of a days-long random internet discussion, but I'm just trying to make you see how you may not have said what you think you said.

Well see that doesn't make sense because you said "proximity to Donald Trump". In 2017, Bannon's claim to executive privilege was not founded on "proximity to Donald Trump", but rather, to his status as a USG executive (Chief WH Strategist).

Now, I get this is semantics and you may just be getting tangled in the minutiae of a days-long random internet discussion, but I'm just trying to make you see how you may not have said what you think you said.

Yes, chief White House strategist pretty much by default means the privilege flows from the office of the president; I wasn’t intending to be super precise on that, but fair enough. Either way he had nothing remotely close to a valid privilege claim over the testimony sought by the committee, and so it’s an invalid comparison to the decision not to prosecute Garland.

Bumped with the latest ....
My God he is such a despicable man…

It's objectively true that both Jesus and Trump suffered political prosecution.

That doesn't mean Trump is a saint or Christlike, but the idea that one cannot compare things that are dissimilar is not grounded in rationality.
If that was the one and only time that Trump’s name was brought up with religious tones, that’s one thing.

This article was from Apr 2023, talking about the various posts at that time comparing his arrest to the persecution of Jesus.

Besides, those posts and comments are purposely made to attempt to convince the audience that “like Jesus, Trump was politically persecuted”. The unspoken second part (and the logical flaw) is that because one thing is true, then the other thing is true. With a very obvious comparison between Jesus and Trump, they want people to think that because Jesus was Christ-like, then Trump must also be Christ-like. It’s a ridiculous take but most of that is for the MAGA faithful already, not the ones waffling about who to support.

With a very obvious comparison between Jesus and Trump, they want people to think that because Jesus was Christ-like, then Trump must also be Christ-like. It’s a ridiculous take but most of that is for the MAGA faithful already, not the ones waffling about who to support.
At least it's more spiritually uplifting than "Dark Brandon".

And I'm no Biden hater, I thought he was good in the past and much better than most of his party in 2020. But this is ridiculous. He should've handed the reins a year ago, this is elder abuse.

Biden looks completely lost and in another dimension. I wouldn't want him driving a vehicle let alone being the president. What an embarrassment.

That's why the VPres attended the G7 etc. Biden too frail to travel.
Umm....Biden WAS at the G7 summit (from the Wikipedia page on this year's G7 Summit)...you know the one with the fake news video of Biden supposedly "wandering off" during the parachute demo?

There's plenty of real stuff to be critical of Biden about without made up BS.

Core G7 Members
The host state and leader are shown in bold text.
MemberRepresented byTitle
23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
Canada
Justin TrudeauPrime Minister
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France
Emmanuel MacronPresident
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
Germany
Olaf ScholzChancellor
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
Italy (Host)
Giorgia MeloniPrime Minister
23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
Japan
Fumio KishidaPrime Minister
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
United Kingdom
Rishi SunakPrime Minister
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
Joe BidenPresident
23px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png
European Union
Ursula von der LeyenCommission President
Charles MichelCouncil President

you know the one with the fake news video of Biden supposedly "wandering off" during the parachute demo?
I doubt his lack of focus is mitigated very much by showing that his wandering attention fixed on something else rather than empty space.

Back