• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Hah, yeah- I just didn’t think the jury would reach unanimity; if someone had held a gun to my head and made me bet I would have guessed hung jury.
I was thinking guilty on some counts, not guilty on others. Also surprised they reached a decision so quickly, I would have thought another day or so. One of the things about the US system is the jurors can speak out about what happened in the jury room; it will be interesting to hear what they have to say..

I was thinking guilty on some counts, not guilty on others. Also surprised they reached a decision so quickly, I would have thought another day or so. One of the things about the US system is the jurors can speak out about what happened in the jury room; it will be interesting to hear what they have to say..
They may want to wait till after November.

Looking forward to his rise in the polls. 🤣
I doubt there’s a large cohort of persuadable voters, who were not already committed to voting for him, for whom this will convince them he’s a good candidate. I’m sure there are some given how many total Americans exist, but likely there are quite a few more who will see a jury return a thirty four count felony conviction, and decide he’s not their guy.

Obviously his fundraising victim complex narrative will go into hyperdrive over this, of course.

Sentencing has been set for July 11th.

Looking forward to his rise in the polls. 🤣
Sure the hardcore base who are terminally infected with TDSS will only be galvanized by this, and it will serve to further pump up trump's victim complex but how many independents or republicans on the fence are going to be convinced to vote for "convicted felon Donald Trump" as every Democratic Party ad will refer to him from now until the election.

I hope he doesn’t see this tweet…

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpeg
    IMG_0190.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 31
So, a separate thought- my respect goes to the 12 jurors who tremendous courage of convictions (I swear to God this is not a pun) in returning a verdict that will unquestionably put a target on all of their backs and will subject them to the real prospect of physical danger. They obviously felt very strongly about the evidence that was presented.

With sentencing on July 11th, Trump’s words and publications in the next month and a half will matter. Sentencing will take into account the level of acceptance of responsibility and contrition that he does or doesn’t show. He’s a dependent unlikely to be meaningfully impacted by fines. Sentencing him will be very difficult for the judge no matter what, but Trump has a great deal of ability to make his situation worse through what he says and does.

Side note- depending on the sentence, as a convicted felon, he may not ultimately be eligible to vote even though this has no impact on his ability to run for office.

Should be fun to watch what follows :D

So, a separate thought- my respect goes to the 12 jurors who tremendous courage of convictions (I swear to God this is not a pun) in returning a verdict that will unquestionably put a target on all of their backs and will subject them to the real prospect of physical danger. They obviously felt very strongly about the evidence that was presented.
🤮 Yeah I’m sure.

Just as probable as your statement is they decided their fear of Chuck Schumer popping by letting them know the intel community can screw them six ways from Sunday, or like the Supreme Court judges “won’t know what hit them” and they weighed where the real threat is, then voted accordingly. I mean, we sure haven’t seen anyone unjustifiably targeted by the corrupt officials in three letter agencies in the last 7 years.

As an aside, I’m curious to see how this impacts Nikki Hailey’s support. 😆

Back