• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

I can’t imagine forking out actual money for anything branded for any politician…
While there's no accounting for taste, at least 1000 of his supporters don't agree.

Not a slight on you, just a general observation. What is funny is the amount of TDS people get over something so trivial.

While there's no accounting for taste, at least 1000 of his supporters don't agree.

Not a slight on you, just a general observation. What is funny is the amount of TDS people get over something so trivial.
I personally think it’s funny, if it wasn’t so sad. The guy is a self-described billionaire but decides to sell shoes?

I wouldn’t go so far as to chalk it up to ‘derangement’. More along the lines of “Really? WTF is this crap?” Like imagine it Trudeau had a branded conditioner or something.

I wouldn’t go so far as to chalk it up to ‘derangement’. More along the lines of “Really? WTF is this crap?” Like imagine it Trudeau had a branded conditioner or something.
I am willing to bet real money that in 20 years these shoes will be auction items and fetch a pretty decent price.

I don’t even think it’s a matter of taste. Some people will see these as collector items. I bet that even people that aren’t supporters bought some of these. Limited run of 1000 shoes also increases its value in the after market.

I personally think they are garish but I don’t underestimate the branding effort and return on it. I mean look at air Jordans and other shoes that go for crazy prices. If I bought a pair, they’d stay in the packaging air sealed lol.

I also see this as a gate way to more affordable shoes given the hype of the these limited edition ones.

On a related note, he would need to sell 900k more of these to pay off his current civil case fine.

I personally think it’s funny, if it wasn’t so sad. The guy is a self-described billionaire but decides to sell shoes?
Or t-shirts or flags or any other souvenir items that are produced for all politicians when campaigning. Trump simply has an imaginative advertising team. You can think whatever you wish, but his products sell and that means money. I don't know why you would think making money is sad. They obviously appeal to his supporters. You don't have to like it. And it's not like he's Al Bundy, he won't personally be holding your foot.

Or t-shirts or flags or any other souvenir items that are produced for all politicians when campaigning. Trump simply has an imaginative advertising team. You can think whatever you wish, but his products sell and that means money. I don't know why you would think making money is sad. They obviously appeal to his supporters. You don't have to like it. And it's not like he's Al Bundy, he won't personally be holding your foot.
This where I agree with you. (I am ok with that as the forum didn’t shut down when you and Brihard agreed on something so I’m ok stating it).

As much as I think it’s tacky (heck I think the whole sneaker craze is weird), it is a thing and I suspect it will be a money maker for Trump. We should never forget that Trump is and always has been a brand.

The smilies is for your first line. I appreciate the sentiment.

Your second para deserves a like also. 🙂

Trump is an entrepreneur and a marketer. He knows what sells and what doesn't. I believe he has a long standing advertising and marketing organization that is likely much more savvy and professional than what's available to a normal politician. And while he has a huge advantage, he likely holds final say on what is sold under his name. I don't think there is any politician out there with a full time, advertising, PR and merchandising entity in their organization.

I never did understand “Tan Suit-Gate!!!” I wasn’t an Obama fan, but BFD! 🙄

Kinda like Biden for some folks now that they've finally gotten over Obama.

;)

Biden is obama's third term.😉 You don't need to be obsessed with Biden to laugh at him daily over his daily escapades. It's like grabbing the newspaper and going straight to your favourite comic. Start your day with a chuckle

Back