• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

should a criminal defendant be immune from prosecution simply because they stand a chance at winning a party’s primaries and ending up on the ballot for president?
Technically, no, regardless whether it is a primary or the general election. In practice, depends on who it is and what party she represents.

[Add: while the two sides undoubtedly think the legal struggle is too important to ignore, polls continue to suggest that the outcome may not matter.]

Ah, the joys of a DC jury trying a despised Republican. Really firms up faith in the system.
Play stupid games ...

It sends a message that if, as a national celebrity, you tell blatant lies about people in a national forum filled with a herd of impressionable lunkheads who think nothing about threatening those people ... well, be prepared to pay the price.

Unfortunately these two ladies will probably get very little out of this, except more grief from yet more impressionable lunkheads. I'm pretty sure DJP isn't going to pony up the cash for his old buddy.

🍻

Whither DEI.

Play stupid games ...

It sends a message that if, as a national celebrity, you tell blatant lies about people in a national forum filled with a herd of impressionable lunkheads who think nothing about threatening those people ... well, be prepared to pay the price.

Unfortunately these two ladies will probably get very little out of this, except more grief from yet more impressionable lunkheads. I'm pretty sure DJP isn't going to pony up the cash for his old buddy.

🍻
They should have limited their anger to the "punishment", not the "pain and suffering". No-one's pain and suffering is worth that much. All they've done is fuel more anger.

They should have limited their anger to the "punishment", not the "pain and suffering". No-one's pain and suffering is worth that much. All they've done is fuel more anger.
American juries think in grand gestures. It has no particular political leaning behind it. It just is. Most Americans of both persuasions will see this as the "Meh" event that it is.

The only anger which will be fueled by it is the anger that wants to be fueled. Those who pile on with moral outrage over every perceived slight exist on both sides of the spectrum.

🍻

High profile Republicans will not get a fair shake in DC courts. It's a given. Hopefully the appellate judge will have a modicum of common sense and fair play. I'm not defending Giuliani, but that award is just a ridiculous sum. The idea is to instill a sense of guilt, remorse and a strong reminder not to do it again. Not hit a person so hard they become destitute. Unless your a Republican in a DC court.

A significant portion of US civil jury awards, particularly on the punitive side, get reduced, either by the trial judge or through appeal, but we seldom hear about that, either because a confidential settlement is reached or the press/public lost interest after the initial sensational headline.

The result of political judges and prosecutors. Meh indieed.

It’s the go-to refrain for Democrats watching Joe Biden fall behind Donald Trump in polls: Just wait until Trump is convicted.

Yes, Biden’s historically unpopular. Yes, views of his job performance are growing increasingly negative. But if a jury of Trump’s peers in Manhattan, or South Florida, or Atlanta or Washington convicts him before Election Day, they say, it would have a dramatic impact on the race.

Take last week’s Wall Street Journal poll. Trump led Biden by 4 percentage points in a head-to-head matchup, 47 percent to 43 percent. The race shifted only slightly, to a 1-point Biden lead, among respondents who were also asked what they would do if Trump were convicted in either of the two federal cases, either for unlawfully possessing classified documents or conspiring to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

If your man is convicted by our judges after being persecuted by our attorneys will you accept our conviction?

Half the population trusts their man. The other half trusts their judges.

Those ladies are in for a world of hurt. It's a well publicized case with a mega judgement and every schemer and scammer from around the country has heard about it. We can expect to see long lost relatives with their hands out, people with that fabulous investment opportunity along with stalkers and just plain hard core criminal types willing to take by force what they are not given. I wish them well but it's a mad mad world out there.

Hypothetically, if Trump is convicted, does one’s Oath to protect the constitution for all enemies foreign and domestic, alllow one to plead that as a defense if one was to shoot him?

I had a discussion with a retired USSS agent about that - we both agreed it would be better if he just died in his sleep, even if that was assisted by a pillow.

Those ladies are in for a world of hurt. It's a well publicized case with a mega judgement and every schemer and scammer from around the country has heard about it. We can expect to see long lost relatives with their hands out, people with that fabulous investment opportunity along with stalkers and just plain hard core criminal types willing to take by force what they are not given. I wish them well but it's a mad mad world out there.
They’ve already been through quite a bit of hell based on the defamatory conspiracy theories they were subjected to.

I doubt Biden will make 2024. For one reason or another. Will a replacement do better? They certainly can't do worse. I think Biden knows this. However, he can't say he's not running or he becomes a lame duck president that people stop listening to. It'll also signal to his sons 'friends' that the game is over and Bidens become worthless to them.

Trump is an enigma. Will he make it to 2024? Hard to say. Everytime the Democrats and MSM count him out, he comes back stronger. The more charges they put on him, the more he goes up. He's taking Hispanic, Black, young and old from the Democrats. The Dems can't wait to float another candidate, especially after the primaries. There's also the possibility that Biden might give permission for an open primary, to find a new candidate. Newsom? Harris? Warren? Even Clinton, she's still one of the most powerful Dems anywhere. She has the money and ambition. If she throws her hat in, she'll likely win the nomination. She's never accepted the results of the election. She's called Trump illegitimate. Trump/Clinton part deux?

Meanwhile
I can't access the article not being a NYT subscriber. If this is about Bridget Ziegler she left the group 2 years ago. Anyway, according to the police report it was her husband accused of rape. There must be more in the NYT article it seems to justify this headline.
Redacted Police Report
BI Article

I can't access the article not being a NYT subscriber. If this is about Bridget Ziegler she left the group 2 years ago. Anyway, according to the police report it was her husband accused of rape. There must be more in the NYT article it seems to justify this headline.
Redacted Police Report
BI Article
Not just her, it’s like every other group that has a segment who seems to decry something protests too much and is truly the individual they complain about…

Back