• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A bomb hundreds even thousands of timees more powerfull than a nuke?

• Thread starter RuthlessRandy
  • Start date
R

RuthlessRandy

I always ehrd there was such thing as a Hyrogen Bomb that was developed, that eclipsed a nuke in power and radius, and instead of blowing outward, it sucked everything in and then blew it out?

Anyone ever ehar of this mythological beast?

Hydrogen bombs do exist. They‘re not really "mythical" at all, nor some sort of Alien Weapon. From what I can recall, they were developed fairly shortly after the first Atomic weapons were developed - only 5 years or so.

There are two types of "nukes", as it were. Fission and Fusion. The first type developed was Fission. It involved splitting atoms apart to create energy. The second type, commonly referred to as a "Hydrogen Bomb" uses Fusion. This process "fuses" atoms together to create the energy instead. Hydrogen bombs are a fair bit more powerful than their older brother, albeit more difficult to produce. Note that "fusion" is what powers the sun, as an example of its power.

As for this "sucking" effect, this occurs with both types of weapons. The shockwave spreads out from the blast, but creates an area of lower pressure behind it, thus causing the "sucking" effect, which is known to burst internal organs and shatter buildings.

For a great website depicting the weapons, their differences, and their effects, click here

Man what a cr*p weapon, I wish things like that weren‘t invented.

What I think you are refering to is known as a
Air Fuel Explosive.

On initiation a fine fuel mist is released and then detonated ? milli sec.‘s to 1,2 sec.‘s later causing a fire ball which cause‘s a vacum,sucking everything up then exploding outward‘s with a massive over pressure destroying everything in it‘s place.

The U.S. used somthing like it in Afgahnistan on the cave‘s,and the name of the weapon escape‘s me right now.Yes they are a poor man‘s Nuk‘e so to speak because of the damage and over all effect.

Hope this help‘s

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/arm/arm38.htm

It‘s Fuel Air Exsplosive,as the daisy cutter is a semi F.A.E. as it does not release a fuel vapour as true F.A.E.‘s do but contain‘s a fuel slurry mixed with other element‘s.

I can‘t find the small movie jpeg showing the effect but here‘s a very good site for research all thing‘s in the U.S. Arsenal.

http://www.fas.org

Back