• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

8 Apr 07 - Sgt Donald Lucas, Cpl Brent Poland, Cpl Aaron Williams, Cpl Chris Stannix (PLF), Pte Kevin Kennedy, Pte David Greenslade - 2 RCR

My condolances  :cdnsalute:

Pretty Crapy day, RIP, Prayers go out to the family and their comrades

Rest in Peace friends.  My prayers are with the families.  :cdnsalute:

Just watched Taliban Jack on CBC Newsworld, the usual "we need to rethink the whole mission " blather. What a POS.

:'( RIP troops. This is a very sad Easter. My you never be forgotten for the sacrifice that you made for your country, the same sacrifice that our ancestors made 90 years ago. Both you and them are fighting for freedom, and I'll be dammed if we'll loose the fight now.  :cdnsalute:

RIP troops. My prayers are with your families. :salute:  :cdn:

This is a sad day. My sincerest condolences to all the families. Rest in peace soldiers.  :cdn: :salute:

A very sad day for the families and the CF as a whole. RIP Troops :salute:

Bomb kills 6 Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan
Last Updated: Sunday, April 8, 2007 | 4:46 PM ET
CBC News

A roadside bomb killed six soldiers and injured two others in an armoured vehicle west of Kandahar City on Sunday, resulting in the worst single-day loss of life for Canadian Forces in Afghanistan, military officials said.

The LAV III hit an "improvised explosive device" around 1:30 p.m. local time, Col. Mike Cessford, deputy commander of Task Force Afghanistan, told reporters at Kandahar air base.

Cessford said 10 soldiers were riding in the vehicle when it struck the explosive. Four Canadian soldiers were flown to the hospital at Kandahar air base.
One is listed in serious condition with non-life-threatening injuries and will likely be taken to the U.S. military hospital in Landstuhl, Germany, Cessford said. A second soldier suffered minor injuries and the other two were not hurt.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2007/04/08/nato-afghanistan.html

My condolences to the many families and friends affected today. To the six killed, you gave everything for your country and we won't ever forget that. Your names and deeds will be in our thoughts. For the two wounded, recover quickly and completely; you've done more that could be asked. For the others still doing their duty over there, soldier on. You're all in our thoughts.

Bob Terwilliger said:
Just watched Taliban Jack on CBC Newsworld, the usual "we need to rethink the whole mission " blather. What a POS.

He's on CTVNN right now....turd.

Mike Bobbitt said:
My condolences to the many families and friends affected today. To the six killed, you gave everything for your country and we won't ever forget that. Your names and deeds will be in our thoughts. For the two wounded, recover quickly and completely; you've done more that could be asked. For the others still doing their duty over there, soldier on. You're all in our thoughts.
+1 Mike.

+1
My sympathies and prayers for the families of the fallen. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for the injured.

THE BROKEN CHAIN

We little knew that morning that God was going to all your name,
In life we loved you dearly, in death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you, you did not go alone,
For part of us went with you, the day God called you home.
You left us peaceful memories, your love is still our guide,
And though we cannot see you, you are always at our side.
Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same,
But as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again.

Back