• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

.50 cal desert eagle???

Sgt.Mitoff said:
I don't know about you guys but on the streets of   Toronto, size does matter!! Two ppl have tried ot sell me one illeagaly but i turned it down because of the asfety factor and i don't want police after me for having an illeagal weapon that could have been used in a murder i didn't comitt. Anyways if got the proper license and the money to buy one i would definatly buy it, it looks so kewl!!   8) ;D lol   :threat: and I'll use it to turn off the lights in my appartment before i got to bed each night. !! lol

Hmm..... all this coming from a Cadet Sergeant.

Nfld_Sapper said:
Hmm..... all this coming from a Cadet Sergeant.

See, I figured - Gee all this coming from a Moron  -- the cadet issue was icing  ;D

All this flak on Cadets, almost makes me ashamed to be a member.  It's a shame how a few individuals can give a bad impression for everyone.  ::) 

This pistol is definitely not for the limp wristed!  >:D

Eagle is pretty much a hollywood gun. I had an opportunity to fire the .357 but ammo was too dam expensive. I wouldn't even give it that much of a cool factor.

You mean YOU can't fire multiple accurate one-handed shots with the Desert Eagle like they do in The Matrix? You must be something less than a man.

</Counter-Strike>

I never really could figure out what niche IMI was trying to fill with the release of this particular handgun. OK, sure, it's a tank, but how the heck can anyone afford to feed that thing enough rounds to gain proficiency with it?

the Desert Eagle can also be had in .440 Cor-Bon, a .50 AE case necked down to take a .44 caliber bullet.

The Desert Eagle is a novelty; some find it fun to shoot a rediculously powerful semi-auto pistol, some think it's an overpriced paperweight (myself included). If you have need for a powerful handgun, get a revolver in any of the major powered cartridges out there .480 Ruger, .454 Casull, .460 S&W mag, .500 S&W mag, .500 Wyoming Express, etc. Any well made revolver will outperform the DE and keep on firing long after the DE gas-system dies.

outside of all the ballistics and table talk of what if's etc, the desert eagle is notoriously known for rusting in any conditions. its a novelty piece and not exactly well made.

Given the choice i would rather get proficient with a 9mm or .40 since odds are in my current and future job its what I would be carrying. why spend all that time trying to learn something you'll never use??

also, any gun nuts out there have anything to say about the Norinco knock-off of the SIG 220 series?  Im looking at purchasing one, and given that the Sig 225-226 is about $900-1000, and the norinco is about $350, right now im leaning towards norinco since money talks.

your opinions would be helpfull

Norinco is a mixed bag...example

M-305 (aka M14 clone) - average verdict is the metals used in the receivers are too soft and you'll get headspace issues after firing only 500 or so rounds through it.

M1897 Trench Gun - apparently well made (tougher than the originals) and cheap too (thinking of getting this one)

Your best bet is to look for reviews online; if the majority gives it thumbs up, you can't go wrong....well mostly.

Edited to include semi-related link

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/388/post-208797.html?PHPSESSID=46a7c7e4195f964b78b48c7f99f7615d

There were some guys talking about P228 and P226 clones that they own(ed.) Fire them a PM about their opinion on the gun you wanna buy...

Back