• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

3G Network in LFCA TC Meaford

StormTrooper

Inactive
Reaction score
Just a bit of a quick random question. I will be going on a tasking to Meaford and was wondering if anyone was aware whether a 3g network is present there? I am currently with Fido.

For those that are wondering 3G is basically internet for mobile phones. 

Thanks

I've not heard good things for cellular reception in Meaford. I've only been there twice and only once did I use my phone (I'm with TELUS), and that was at night out at Cambrai range. I had an OK signal, which is enough to check email etc. Cant speak for GSM signals though.

On a clear day, if you stand about 75 metres behind (i.e., south of) the South Dorm, the building will help focus the signal for your (generic) cell phone.

StormTrooper said:
Just a bit of a quick random question. I will be going on a tasking to Meaford and was wondering if anyone was aware whether a 3g network is present there? I am currently with Fido.

For those that are wondering 3G is basically internet for mobile phones. 

Thanks

You will be lucky to get a regular signal in Meaford.  If you stay in the shacks you will see people wandering the halls, hanging out the laundry room window trying to get 1 bar.  There are constant rumours of them getting a cell tower  up top, but like everything else, believe it when it happens

Hatchet Man said:
You will be lucky to get a regular signal in Meaford.

I remember being in tent city one summer and calling to order pizza for the section, for delivery. Long story short, I didn't need to give him an address, he could tell by the (lack of) reception exactly where I was.

Just returned from the tasking.. Decided to give an update. There is absolutely no 3G network past Blue Mountain. The EDGE is available whenever there is a regular phone reception, and in Meaford as you may have guessed, that's not necessarily good news. My best bet was using the TC computers.

Back