• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

JT put the knife into all resource industries with Bill C-69. There are no new projects on the books and in a few years, there will be 15,000 workers in BC out of work when the Harper era projects wrap up. PP is summarizing JT long term plans for Canadian Resource industries.

This is not "free speech". PP should not be able to go on Twitter and completely fabricated and lie about things the Prime Minister said. Trudeau never said ANY of that, but PP presents it as an actual quote.

Hard to take you seriously when you're defending Trudeau's far more grievous transgressions... and then bothered by this?? Oh my...

This is not "free speech". PP should not be able to go on Twitter and completely fabricated and lie about things the Prime Minister said. Trudeau never said ANY of that, but PP presents it as an actual quote.

Above, the Left's dangerous idea of free speech.

It is clear and obvious that PP is satirizing JT's response.

He is not a news organization reporting facts, he's presenting his assessment of the consequences of JT's policies.

And that, actually, is fundamental to free speech, as it allows the public to gain a perspective that differs from the current government's messaging.

JT put the knife into all resource industries with Bill C-69. There are no new projects on the books and in a few years, there will be 15,000 workers in BC out of work when the Harper era projects wrap up. PP is summarizing JT long term plans for Canadian Resource industries.
Not relevant; the comment was about the spread of disinformation, not policy.
Hard to take you seriously when you're defending Trudeau's far more grievous transgressions... and then bothered by this?? Oh my...
Yes, because we can all agree to disagree on matters of policy, but we all need to be on the same page that you can't just outright lie to the electorate.
Above, the Left's dangerous idea of free speech.

It is clear and obvious that PP is satirizing JT's response.

He is not a news organization reporting facts, he's presenting his assessment of the consequences of JT's policies.

And that, actually, is fundamental to free speech, as it allows the public to gain a perspective that differs from the current government's messaging.
Unbelievable. The mental gymnastics you guys just used in order to defend PP is mind blowing. This isn't Tucker Carlson, this is the leader of his majesty's opposition presenting a "quote" from the PM. No, when it's coming from his official twitter account, it absolutely cannot be assumed to be satire. I've seen anti-Trudeau and anti-PP material spread around that was obviously false, but their detractors believed it anyhow. This on the other hand looks like he is actually quoting Trudeau.

Trudeau is literally destroying Canada's economy and you are chirping about this... :ROFLMAO:

He shouldn't have used quotation marks I'll give you that. But hes paraphrasing.
Not even paraphrasing; he's projecting a response, that's not even consistent with the linked op-ed.

If you read the op-ed there is a letter from the Alberta Minister of Energy to the Federal Minister of Natural resources with the bit below, with regards to a provincial visit from the government of Japan (that was announced when Trudeau was visiting Japan);

“It is my view that strengthening energy relations with Japan is of the utmost importance,” Guthrie wrote in the letter.

“As provinces are the owners and stewards of their natural resources, any discussions regarding the potential export of energy must fully involve the impacted provinces.”

The Japanese government is actively looking for reliable suppliers of LNG, via Pacific coast makes sense.

And Trudeau's actual response is below; definitely not a ringing endorsement, but he's also not wrong in a long term global context. Doesn't mean thought that LNG exports to Japan aren't part of that in the medium term, but its not an infinite supply either so maybe we should at least consider that at some point natural gas won't be an option anymore, or at least won't be economically feasible to export on ships.

Both sides are fairly entrenched, but that statement from PP is objectively not true.

However, Trudeau’s response didn’t instil much confidence, at least from the provincial government’s perspective.

When asked about commitments made to Japan on LNG exports and easing regulatory hurdles for a proposed second phase of the massive LNG Canada project, the prime minister said the two sides talked about how Canada can be a reliable supplier, not only of energy but of critical minerals and other commodities.

“We’re going to continue to look for ways to be that reliable supplier of energy,” he said. “But even as we do talk about things like LNG and other traditional sources of energy, we know the world is moving aggressively and meaningfully toward decarbonizing, toward diversifying, toward more renewables.”

(its near the end of the podcast)

Listening to this podcast, the folks (somewhat in jest) in there are violently against the following:
Ownership of private vehicles - trains and other public transport should be the only forms of transportation
No nuclear
No mining of rare earth metals - especially in the ring of fire
No new Hydro Electric projects

They are for:
All crown land handed back to the full control of first nations
All private and municipal land pays rent to first nations

Last edited:
Not relevant; the comment was about the spread of disinformation, not policy.

Yes, because we can all agree to disagree on matters of policy, but we all need to be on the same page that you can't just outright lie to the electorate.

Unbelievable. The mental gymnastics you guys just used in order to defend PP is mind blowing. This isn't Tucker Carlson, this is the leader of his majesty's opposition presenting a "quote" from the PM. No, when it's coming from his official twitter account, it absolutely cannot be assumed to be satire. I've seen anti-Trudeau and anti-PP material spread around that was obviously false, but their detractors believed it anyhow. This on the other hand looks like he is actually quoting Trudeau.
You mean like how JT has declared me and my hobbies as a Public Safety threat? Please spare me the "disinformation bit" , JT lives for disinformation.

Not even paraphrasing; he's projecting a response, that's not even consistent with the linked op-ed.
That's only just partially true if you take JT's word at face value and ignore any context.

Some time ago, I confronted the then-TB president (Jean-Yves Duclos) about this myself, and his response was essentially ''We have gotten somewhere else, we have to move on towards renewables'' and that view is reflected in the PMJT quote you provided - the latter bit is why I only give you partial points.

That view is wrong, and will continue to be wrong for decades. It's an environmentally destructive view (LNG would replace more polluting oil and coal plants) and PP is absolutely right to say that it is to the advantage of our competing adversaries like Russia.

That is what PP is addressing. The op-ed link might not be perfectly to your liking, but it presents a good, in-the-news opportunity for him to do some mileage on this issue.

Now, the idea that PP is putting forth disinformation is ridiculous to me. There are many things I find unpalatable or disappointing about PP, so I am not defending him personally. But say a colleague came to you and said ''I asked the boss for a raise and he told me to go f*ck myself'', would you think that's literally what happened? No, because you're older than 4 and you understand figures of speech and context clues. Sure, that boss probably has good reasons to refuse that raise, but your colleague profoundly disagrees, just like PP profoundly disagrees with JT's stance and policies on Canadian O&G.

You mean like how JT has declared me and my hobbies as a Public Safety threat? Please spare me the "disinformation bit" , JT lives for disinformation.
Now you're deflecting. This is how I know you are letting your negative view of JT cloud your ability to think critically. It doesn't matter what JT did, this is about PP. But that doesn't matter to you does it? Even if there are legitimate negative criticisms of PP, or heaven forbid legitimate praiseworthy actions by JT, your response will always be a mindless "But Trudeau! But Trudeau!".

Now, the idea that PP is putting forth disinformation is ridiculous to me. There are many things I find unpalatable or disappointing about PP, so I am not defending him personally. But say a colleague came to you and said ''I asked the boss for a raise and he told me to go f*ck myself'', would you think that's literally what happened? No, because you're older than 4 and you understand figures of speech and context clues. Sure, that boss probably has good reasons to refuse that raise, but your colleague profoundly disagrees, just like PP profoundly disagrees with JT's stance and policies on Canadian O&G.
You can't possibly compare the ranting of a pissed off coworker with a post on the official Twitter account by the leader of the official opposition. The two come with vastly different levels of credulity.

Meh. Trudeau said he’d cancel the F-35 and implement electoral reform…

If one considers the phrase, “deeds speak,” then one could consider Trudeau to have at least said “Canada won’t help, go somewhere else for cleaner energy.”

Now you're deflecting. This is how I know you are letting your negative view of JT cloud your ability to think critically. It doesn't matter what JT did, this is about PP. But that doesn't matter to you does it? Even if there are legitimate negative criticisms of PP, or heaven forbid legitimate praiseworthy actions by JT, your response will always be a mindless "But Trudeau! But Trudeau!".
I had the displeasure of serving under him and seeing his impacts on government and on industry first hand. He is the 4th PM I served under and I take JC over JT, because despite him also being a corrupt sack of poop, he was at least fiscally competent. JT has worked hard to earn my disrespect and at many levels, and then he keeps digging.

Meh. Trudeau said he’d cancel the F-35 and implement electoral reform…

If one considers the phrase, “deeds speak,” then one could consider Trudeau to have at least said “Canada won’t help, go somewhere else for cleaner energy.”
See, if PP had phrased it just like that, I've had had no problem with it.

"Truduea met with Japanese minister. His response was essentially. 'talk to russia'."

That's very different from:

"Trudeau met with Japanese minister and said this: 'talk to russia'."

Back