• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

Click on the videos to see how many times they have been viewed on YouTube, compared with the number of "clowns". The clowns are overblown ...
That's why I'm wondering if Team Red'll get anything useful out of this - unless they can now say they're doing something. 🤷‍♂️

That fiscal responsibility (raising the retirement age) ranks #1 is just...
Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office
Interesting way of interpreting it, not sure the majority of the population would agree though. I think they might get some traction seeing he was eligible for a full pension at 31. I understand your point though, and would like to see some fiscal responsibility too.

Interesting way of interpreting it, not sure the majority of the population would agree though. I think they might get some traction seeing he was eligible for a full pension at 31. I understand your point though, and would like to see some fiscal responsibility too.
He was not eligible for a full pension at 31.

Even under the prior rules, he may have been eligible for an unreduced pension, but it would have been based on his paid years, but would not have been maxed out.

He was not eligible for a full pension at 31.

Even under the prior rules, he may have been eligible for an unreduced pension, but it would have been based on his paid years, but would not have been maxed out.

Darn it, my bad. The wording got me hook, line, and sinker. Should have looked into it more.

So MPs get 3% accrual rate per year service and prior to 2016 it was payable at 55yo unreduced (65yo now)?

It's smoke and mirrors, completely reframing good policy into something it's not PLUS linking it to something completely unrelated to poison the population against a necessary action.

He's a skeezy, lifelong political animal that's gotten wealthy at the taxpayers dime- that's true. But that fact has nothing to do with raising the eligibility criteria for old age welfare and public pensions- which in turn is not the same as "raising the retirement age"

I don't doubt they'll gain traction with it- the fact it's leading speaks to that. It's a nice political play.

Back