• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

Assumption. Canada will have nothing to offer other than condolences and statements assuming Russia advances beyond Ukraine.
You are aware that Canada is one of the richest countries in the world? We aren't some poor backwater struggling to get by, regardless of how we feel...

We need responsible government, and a responsible government would see that funding the fight in Ukraine is worth every penny.

You are aware that Canada is one of the richest countries in the world? We aren't some poor backwater struggling to get by, regardless of how we feel...

We need responsible government, and a responsible government would see that funding the fight in Ukraine is worth every penny.
There's millions lining up at food banks and tens of thousands more living in trudeauville tent cities that wouldn't agree with you. Our national debt makes us virtually penniless. Our military is damaged almost beyond repair, has three days of ammo and we've given away much of our equipment.

All of that will only get worse until we get rid of the dictator and his henchmen. After that, we'll need a lot of time to reconstitute.

We're only as rich as the resources that we can't get at.

Over half of Canadians are questioning further financial aid to Ukraine. That number is even higher among conservatives, all due to Trudeaus destruction to our own economy and finances. When PP is elected the chances of aid being cut off completely is very low, but it’ll be on the list of fat to trim, along with the carbon tax and CBC.

Canada is not properly funding the war as it.

Where are the NASAAMs Canada bought for the Ukraine?
Why does de-mining the Ukraine have to be done by Gender neutral organizations?
Why does carbon tax have to be tied to support for the Ukraine?

The list gets a little longer. We supplied approximately 1% of the 155mm shells Ukraine has fired.

No, what is really happening is Canada talks a good game, then half ass helps the Ukraine.

Doesn't matter to ordinary Canadians. What Canadians are more concerned about than the war in the Ukraine is paying for housing, food, bills and being lied to/dictated to by someone they are fed up of hearing from (Trudeau).

I watched Nick Nanos on CTV last night and he all but directly said it, Trudeau has zero chance. Like none. It doesn't matter what he offers. Nanos even said PP could screw up a bunch of things and still looks to remain in majority territory.

And of course the angry Ukrainians confronting the conservatives has nothing to do with Freeland's influence or suggestion? I can not prove it but I am willing to bet some behind the scenes Liberal nonsense is going on. It would be interesting in the future to see if their has been funding to these Ukrainian organizations from the Trudeau Libs.

For the record, I am very pro Ukraine kicking ass against Russia. I have a very dark opinion on it, I think NATO should full on attack and invade Russia, Putin needs to be stopped. And yes, I know what the cost would be.

I watched Nick Nanos on CTV last night and he all but directly said it, Trudeau has zero chance. Like none. It doesn't matter what he offers. Nanos even said PP could screw up a bunch of things and still looks to remain in majority territory.

Ironically, Trudeau needs to come up with solutions to the mess his government created, but he won't, he'll double down on his useless policies, programs and taxes. The country is much worse off than it was 9 years ago, everything is in crisis. You can't keep blaming covid, ukraine, hamas, or whatever else nonsense that deflects accountability.

Ironically, Trudeau needs to come up with solutions to the mess his government created, but he won't, he'll double down on his useless policies, programs and taxes. The country is much worse off than it was 9 years ago, everything is in crisis. You can't keep blaming covid, ukraine, hamas, or whatever else nonsense that deflects accountability.
Ummm, it was all Harper's fault. Come on, everyone knows that

The country is much worse off than it was 9 years ago, everything is in crisis. You can't keep blaming covid, ukraine, hamas, or whatever else nonsense that deflects accountability.
That would be true, if other western countries with right leaning governments aren’t going through the same thing issues.

The UK has a Conservative govt. The Australians have a Conservative govt (they call it “Liberal” but it means “small govt” as opposed to the Labour Party).

No, not everything is the same between Canada and Australia, but those countries are probably as close as you’ll get for comparison purposes. But take a look through the Australia subreddit and you’ll see many of the same issues.

If "the west" isn't prepared to support Ukraine adequately to defeat Russia, then what "the west" is funding is a war of attrition to write down Russian resources. Some have openly expressed exactly that idea as an objective.

The insurmountable moral issue is that it costs a lot of lives, even if you don't care about the Russian ones, even their unwilling conscripts.

It would have been better to allow Ukraine to "fail fast" (concede the occupied ground, and maybe fast-track accession into NATO) than to adopt the course actually chosen.

If our policy (along with others) is just to keep providing dribs and drabs and stand by while Ukraine conscripts its own increasingly unwilling citizens to die as part of the trade-off for Russian equipment and ammunitiion, our policy is sh!t, the people who support only this much are sh!t, and it all needs to be called out loud and long.

Circling back to PP as odds-on next PM ...
... I watched Nick Nanos on CTV last night and he all but directly said it, Trudeau has zero chance. Like none. It doesn't matter what he offers ...
He's not the only long-time Team Red booster saying the same thing. Two of the guys on this podcast have worked for Liberal governments (federal and Ontario) for a long time, and they've been saying the same thing for quite a while.
... Nanos even said PP could screw up a bunch of things and still looks to remain in majority territory.
Don't know if I'd agree with that yet, but 20-ish points of lead is quite comfortable to have, even this far out before an election. All that advertising mid-later last year plus generally good message discipline has paid off for PP so far.

And, as Shakespeare wrote, sharper than a serpent's tooth ....
Also archived here if previous link doesn't work.

Circling back to PP as odds-on next PM ...

He's not the only long-time Team Red booster saying the same thing. Two of the guys on this podcast have worked for Liberal governments (federal and Ontario) for a long time, and they've been saying the same thing for quite a while.

Don't know if I'd agree with that yet, but 20-ish points of lead is quite comfortable to have, even this far out before an election. All that advertising mid-later last year plus generally good message discipline has paid off for PP so far.

And, as Shakespeare wrote, sharper than a serpent's tooth ....
Also archived here if previous link doesn't work.
One of the biggest anti-Trudeau campaigners is Warren Kinsella, one of Jean Chretein's key men.

One of the biggest anti-Trudeau campaigners is Warren Kinsella, one of Jean Chretein's key men.
Yup. Elsewhere on the boards, this guy's advice was discussed, too (archived link also here) ....
... and he was the co-chair for PMJT's Ontario campaign in 2015, and commentators have commented on this guy being thrown under the bus by Team Red, too.

That would be true, if other western countries with right leaning governments aren’t going through the same thing issues.

The UK has a Conservative govt. The Australians have a Conservative govt (they call it “Liberal” but it means “small govt” as opposed to the Labour Party).

No, not everything is the same between Canada and Australia, but those countries are probably as close as you’ll get for comparison purposes. But take a look through the Australia subreddit and you’ll see many of the same issues.

You have a point.

All the civil servants went to the same schools and attend the same conferences.

The CPC seems to be working on filling its war chest in preparation for….ummm….October 2025…

Unlike our current government, I'm pretty sure the CPC are well versed in the art of contingency planning.Better to be ready to fight tonight than start a 6 week training program 4 weeks before the match.

That writ will be dropped October 2025, but can (and should.... lets be honest) be dropped any day now. That all rides on how close to shore the Scorpion NDP want the Frog LPC to get before they both end up drowning.

Back