• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

12,000 Troops to leave Korea

• Thread starter MAJOR_Baker
  • Start date
Once the two brigades of the 2nd division that are in Korea have left, there won't be much in the Pacific to respond to PDRK (or PRC, for that matter) aggression with.

Both brigades of 25th division in Hawaii are deployed; 3rd brigade at Ft Lewis is non-deployable
3rd Marine Division is a hollow force; has been for years.  Most of its strength was stripped for Iraq
29th Brigade of Hawaii National Guard is being activated for deployment in December-January time frame

You see, most US ground combat power in the Pacific is gone (or shortly will be)

I find people in China are more concerned about Tiwan than Korea. Korea likes to yell and scream, but they will do nothing.

LeeYang said:
I find people in China are more concerned about Tiwan than Korea. Korea likes to yell and scream, but they will do nothing.
I find that rather odd thing to say,thought it would be the other way around in regards to Taiwan.

If N. Korea corssed the 38th parallel and PLA and PLAN launched an invasion of Taiwan, would the US be able to assist both allies at the same time or would they have to sacrafice one for the other... and if so who would be let go?

I've always heard the US is set up to fight two major wars on two different fronts. I would assume this is taking into consideration all their currently deployed soldiers.  That being said, the US seems to have a lot of trouble finding troops for Iraq, alone. This is after major hostilities are considered over. Artty troops being re-rolled as infantry etc.. How could they actually support two major wars?

Back