• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1:35 Leopard 2A6M CAN

TN2IC

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Oh yes, the Eastern Bunny came early for me...  ;D

LepoardTank002.jpg

LepoardTank003.jpg

LepoardTank004.jpg

LepoardTank005.jpg

What do you think folks?

Does anyone know where I can get a C6 gun for this tank? Is has the German machine gun for some reason. I thought the Leopard came with the C6??

Regards,
TN

The Leopard 2's Canada leased from the Germans, had the MG3 on it as far as I know. So sounds like that model is accurate. I believe that is one of the reasons the Leo2 took so long to get to the Regiments, as it was required to be canadianized, and the C6 mounts were something that had to be added in. Hope that helps.

The A6M's did have MG3 coax and ack-ack as the tank itself was an IOR, so Canadianizing was kept to a minimum. We just recently had a TAV to allow the C6 to be a coax in the A4M's.

I need a line on that Easter Bunny. All I got was a hard boiled egg... and I think it had been left out overnight!

You're G2G with that Leopard out-of-the-box. There's detail sets for it if you want to go for a later Afg version with cuda cam etc. Some guys have said the upper hull might need to be braced against the lower hull, just aft of the turret ring. If the upper hull is concaved there, it would be a good time to fix before all the fiddly bits get added.

Was the Leopard 2A6M, NATO camouflage scheme when it arrived to the sandbox? Or is it the "green" tone? And what is the exact green color? Olive Drab?

Did all the Leopards have the barracuda cam done? Thinking about starch building that part. :D

Barracuda cam net DIY

Regards,
TN

TN said:
Did all the Leopards have the barracuda cam done? Thinking about starch building that part. :D

How does that song go? Too much time on my hands...  ;D

Have fun TN.

That kit is to represent a Leo2 during TF 3-07 / TF 1-08.

They had MG3s as AKAKs until TF 1-10 I believe and then changed to C6, the COAX remained MG3s.

There is no need to do anything to the model if that's what you are trying to build. Now if you're going for something from late TF 1-08 or TF 03-08, you'll need this conversion kit:

http://www.perfect-scale.de/Umbau--und-Zuruestsaetze-1---35/Leopard-2A6M-CAN--Barracuda--213.html

and the upgrade kit:

http://www.perfect-scale.de/Umbau--und-Zuruestsaetze-1---35/Leopard-2A6-M-CAN-Upgrade-Kit.html?XTCsid=a76adbbca1b7cdcf37f5816881a8a595

The slat armour is the wrong scale too:

http://www.trackjam.com/RealModel/RMA%2035219.htm

Then there are the tracks, you can get decent ones from Bronco.

I'm currently in the middle of a build as you can tell.....

Does anyone have the 1:35 scale water bottle set? Like this?   If so, can you donate a few my direction? I got "wine" bottles from an old Churchill tank model. Wonder if anyone will notice the difference while on the antennas? =D

I got MRE packs if any one is interested for their model.

Regards,
TN

TN said:
Does anyone have the 1:35 scale water bottle set? Like this?   If so, can you donate a few my direction? I got "wine" bottles from an old Churchill tank model. Wonder if anyone will notice the difference while on the antennas? =D

I got MRE packs if any one is interested for their model.

Regards,
TN

Clear sprue cut to size and molded with a candle and patience works and it's free.

Hey Nerf herder.. got any pictures of your project? I'm just starting the "cage" of mine now. Might take a picture tomorrow. Love to see the barracuda set done on yours.

I have a few c-9 and what a think is a c-6 out a a brit kit. what name does the c-6 go buy in the rest of the world?

Tango18A said:
GPMG or FN MAG

Ok to this old sod a GPMG is one of the old 7.62 Browing. but the brit kit I have has two fn mag's in it so I have 2 c-6's.

Correct, as long as you paint the butt brown, if you paint it black it will be a Brit GPMG.

TN said:
Hey Nerf herder.. got any pictures of your project? I'm just starting the "cage" of mine now. Might take a picture tomorrow. Love to see the barracuda set done on yours.

Haven't made it that far yet. Resin is a pain in the butt!

Been working on the slat armour on and off for a few months now and the track too. PE is a pain in the butt, especially when you get to the security cables....they are thinner than a hair.

Slowly working on this project and trying not to screw up by going too fast.

Nerf herder said:
Clear sprue cut to size and molded with a candle and patience works and it's free.

Another method is to take the clear sprue, chuck it in the dremel tool, and shape the bottle, neck, and cap, using a file or x-acto blade. Just have to keep the rpm's low. If you are using them for glo-stick holders, you can also drill a hole in the cap, and fill the hole with clear paint. When the bottle is inverted, it will look like the glo stick is resting on the 'cap'.

TN said:

Slat looks pretty decent to me...I don't envy having to paint the NATO-flage through those slats though.

That cuda cam article is excellent. You'd swear this was 1:1 scale...
is_netting1-620x301.jpg

GINge! said:
Slat looks pretty decent to me...I don't envy having to paint the NATO-flage through those slats though.

Yeah, it will be "weather" pretty good, so a lot won't notice.. :D

MIG Gulf War Sand. I got a sample of Afghan moon dust, and it matches very well to this.

P037.jpg

Okay the candle idea, made my bottles look like french art. Not cool. But the dremel and knife.... awesome idea. I just added some sand paper at different grids and time.
1600 grid makes the plastic crystal clear at the end.

Also does anyone know a good Canadian store site with a huge paint selection? Looking for MIG and Vallejo.

Thanks for the advice folks,
Regards,
TN

Back