• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cost of housing in Canada

These are designed and meant to be temporary structures for workers while away from their homes. Who joins the CAF to live just one level of shelter above a homeless encampment.
And anyway, if there is one department of government that could f*ck that up, build it shabby, for loads more money and even less utility, it would be the folks who run housing for DND.
Lot's of people live and work for their whole career in these types of camps. In the 1980's I spent months in a wood/canvas tent in northern Manitoba on a mining exploration job. I would have loved to have this level of accommodation. Lot's of people in the trades also live in a fifth wheel trailer, moving from campground to campground to work on resource projects like pipelines.
Meanwhile in BC

Something tells me this won’t just be a Toronto problem…
"We're now being honest about what it takes to get the city you want."

Nice switch from "city we have" to "city you want".

I can guess that most residents are not academics, activists, or political ideologues.

"We're now being honest about what it takes to get the city you want."

Nice switch from "city we have" to "city you want".

I can guess that most residents are not academics, activists, or political ideologues.
Nice way for the city to try and shift the blame to residents…

every city is looking at some increases but most of them aren't blowing 12 million dollars on a woke name change
Winnipeg is doing similar things - Bishop Grandin Blvd will be renamed. And I am certain once the guilty white liberals gain momentum a few other avenues or streets will be renamed.

Jan 15, 2024

Royal LePage 2024 Market Survey Forcast

As 2024 progresses, the average home in the GTA will rise in price to hit $1,190,698 by year's end, per Royal LePage's estimate — a surge of six per cent from the end of 2023.

Screenshot-2024-01-11-at-2.15.43-PM.png

This report by the National Bank of Canada puts a great many of Canada’s problems to truth, but especially Housing and Healthcare costs - where we are in deep, deep trouble.
One of the unhelpful things about government borrowing is that it crowds out private borrowing. Pretty much everyone already knew this long ago. They did it; they own the responsibility for it. Keep voting them in; you own it, too.

Poilievre calls Quebec mayors 'incompetent' over housing struggles | Power & Politics

Poilievre calls Quebec mayors 'incompetent' over housing struggles | Power & Politics

The slant in that panel was pretty obvious, just the way they describe things, and turn it into a "progressive" vs. non-progressive when it was about housing. I also doubt many people consider calling mayors incompetent a failing...

Paul Wells mentioned that Montreal over the last five years would have been rewarded half the time, and not rewarded half the time completely misses the point of incentives... If there had been a reward for housing starts, the city would have been rewarded five years in a row, because they would have made it happen.

Attachments

• IMG_1174.jpeg
    IMG_1174.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 25

Leon’s Furniture plans to build new Toronto neighbourhood​

Leon’s Furniture is making its first foray into residential building. The company that has been selling home furnishings for more than 100 years has now decided to also sell homes, Rachelle Younglai reports. Leon’s plans to turn a large plot of land it owns on the outskirts of Toronto into nearly 4,000 new homes, including rental apartment buildings, single-family houses, townhouses and condos. The residential project is slated for a 40-acre parcel that lies between two major highways – the 401 and the 400 – north of the city.

You can't sell furniture if there isn't any place to put it.

On the other hand you could supply low cost fully furnished apartments for rent.

Back