• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

Hey - don't try to push that onto another community.

Wow that is a perfect idea. The Kingfisher to MPA. Similar aircraft used by other countries. No need to buy from Boeing. No need to buy weapons for it. So get that in the minister ear. Move some of the equipment from the CP140. This the best idea I have seen in a long time. Liberals will love it. Many stones at once. New planes for surveillance. No weapons. That is always a good thing in Justin world. Looks to be doing something when doing nothing or even less. Plus there are those RAAF C-130J coming available. It could be prefect. I get excited thinking about it.

All boxes checked.

Wow that is a perfect idea. The Kingfisher to MPA. Similar aircraft used by other countries. No need to buy from Boeing. No need to buy weapons for it. So get that in the minister ear. Move some of the equipment from the CP140. This the best idea I have seen in a long time. Liberals will love it. Many stones at once. New planes for surveillance. No weapons. That is always a good thing in Justin world. Looks to be doing something when doing nothing or even less. Plus there are those RAAF C-130J coming available. It could be prefect. I get excited thinking about it.

All boxes checked.
I'm not sure whether I'm happy that Canadians at least hear of the CP-140 Aurora, even though it's called a "surveillance aircraft" in most media, or that I'm sad because it is still essentially an anti-submarine platform that also does surveillance.

An ASW aircraft can do surveillance. A surveillance aircraft can't necessarily do ASW.

I'm not sure whether I'm happy that Canadians at least hear of the CP-140 Aurora, even though it's called a "surveillance aircraft" in most media, or that I'm sad because it is still essentially an anti-submarine platform that also does surveillance.

An ASW aircraft can do surveillance. A surveillance aircraft can't necessarily do ASW.
My favourite is when the media calls it a "spy" plane. Like did when it was tasked to the sandbox etc. And they did call it that too.

Spy plane most people think SR71 or U2 and then the picture is a 1950's style converted prop airliner......and think what is that?

Any informed thoughts on what MND is announcing tomorrow in Halifax? P-8s? 😉
Could it be the finalized contract for the F35s? The GoC did say that would be done before the end of the year.... I would normally expect this at an airbase, but with the Halifax International Security Forum currently ongoing, it would probably have more impact with the attendees if such a large and significant purchase was announced at that venue.

Well here is the big Halifax announcement. Basically, an office. LOL.

Look to be doing something but in reality, doing less than nothing! Liberals are awesome!

On second thought...spend money on offices and civil service is very important coming vote time. So success!

Well here is the big Halifax announcement. Basically, an office. LOL.

Look to be doing something but in reality, doing less than nothing! Liberals are awesome!

On second thought...spend money on offices and civil service is very important coming vote time. So success!

Not even an office. Just a PROPOSAL to build an office...which hasn't been approved by NATO yet.

Back