• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Something Nice Happened Today :)

BYT Driver said:
Congrats PN.  Always nice to get recognised for a job well done.  BZ.

Hey D 2, if you're handing out beers, I do windows>>> ;D
;D

D Squared said:
Glad you had a good time Rebecca & congratulations again, you are so deserving.  There's still an Alexander Keith's waiting for you  :D

They did not have Keiths there tonight... but I did get to have a Sleeman's Honey Brown  :)

Not the same of course, but still good  8)

~Rebecca

PN, congrats on the award! What a wonderful story about the the progress of your client as well! BZ!

Way to go Rebecca!!!
luna.gif

There I was, minding my own business on the the Subway (metro) when a University student (who had been standing next to me for a few minutes) suddenly turned around, offered me her hand while saying "thank you" before stepping out of the car.  4 or 5 other students followed right behind, doing the same thing - the last one getting caught in the door as it closed.

Made my day! :)

geo said:
There I was, minding my own business on the the Subway (metro) when a University student (who had been standing next to me for a few minutes) suddenly turned around, offered me her hand while saying "thank you" before stepping out of the car.  4 or 5 other students followed right behind, doing the same thing - the last one getting caught in the door as it closed.

Nice to see you're minding your own business.  ;D

Heh.... didn't say what "my business" was at the time :)

Pretty college / university gals in a variety of attire, all looking real desirable all over the place
What is an old(ish) soldier to do ???

geo said:
Pretty college / university gals in a variety of attire, all looking real desirable all over the place
What is an old(ish) soldier to do ???

I would suggest more subway trips.  ;D

Gardiners1 said:
I would suggest more subway trips.  ;D

twice Daily doses
(at least in uniform) :salute: :warstory: :salute:

I remember riding the metro in Montreal on vacation once and ended up with a scraped jaw.  Probably because it hit the floor so many damn times.  ;D

Heh!
During the summer.... all that exposed skin, cheech!

Gardiners1 said:
I remember riding the metro in Montreal on vacation once and ended up with a scraped jaw.  Probably because it hit the floor so many damn times.  ;D

Yep.  I hear ya!

Went to NASCAR in August with my 18 year old son (also a soldier).  Took the Metro.  Walked around Isle Notre Dame. Got whiplash from watching the pretty girls. 

geo said:

Sure is a nice change from getting spat on and called a baby killer on that same subway  :p

Wow,

I now remember when I first posted this thread, feels like ages ago now.... The client I initially spoke of when I first posted this thread, that had nominated me for the award... I am still working for her part time through the week. Last night for Halloween, I took my daughter to her building for a quick visit, and all of the residents were waiting to give out goodies to the kids. They had some pretty awesome Halloween decorations out also. I probably wouldn't have thought of even adding this, but I noticed it was recently posted on and as I read along, got me thinking back to last night. :)

~Rebecca

Heh....

There I was, minding my own business when this rather rough & scruffy looking individual started to give me the hard stare.
At one point or another, he starts talking directly to me in a language I have absolutely no idea about...  I gave him time to finish what he was saying & told him in both French & English that I did not understand what he had just finished saying.....

Another hard look...... then he just thrusts out his hand towards me, says "thank you", shakes my hand and wandered off with a wave...

Still not sure what it was all about but I got a lot of smiles from the 20 or so people who were around me at the time.

It feels good to be in uniform these days!

CHIMO!

Boy how times have changed.  I remember when we were "discouraged" from wearing our uniform in public.  Now not a 2 week period goes by when I don't get a thank you, a handshake, or occasionally a free timmies  ;D. Some are Vets (I always say "No, thank you" to them), but most are typical everyday citizens.  Sure makes you proud and makes the day just that much more enjoyable...

Cheers FDL  :cdn:

Back