• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Redundant Running Questions, etc

GO!!!

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
chappyk said:
Hey Guys:

Here's my question, I made my application to the CF one month ago, applying to the AF and my first choice being a supply tech.  Now i now that that course is closed at the moment so I should have time to train.  My wondering is that I am 34 and just started working out when I decided to join. 

I started a running program that does alternating jogging and walking....building you up by the end of the 9 week program.  I just started week 3.  Please tell me that just because I feel like I am going to die, fall over or worse, that it's only because I just started.  As sad as it is right now, there is no way I could run 2.5 k  I am not  a quiter  and I WILL make it, it's just frustrating.  That and I am always looking at my watch, thinking.....Is the time up yet? it's hard to concentrate on something else.

Any advice would definitely be appreciated.

Take deep regular breaths and suck it up.

You did'nt get out of shape overnight, it took 34 years - so it will take some time to get back into shape.

Eat a balanced diet - long on fruit and vegetables, lean meat and some carbs, do your stretching before bed and in the morning and drink lots of water. Drink a minimum of pop, coffee tea and other sugary drinks. These dehydrate you and make you fat.

Also, when you are stiff and sore, ride a bike (stationary or wheeled) swim or walk briskly somewhere - moderate activity. This will flush the lactic acid (what makes your joints ache) from your body so you w'ont hurt so much, and you'll be able to exercise vigorously the next day.

chappyk

All this has been covered before, and had you read the Topic at all, you would not have had to ask a redundant question.

As such, your question has been purged so as not to detract from the usefulness of this topic.

It is good advice to READ the whole topic, before posting.

RTFQ

Back