• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

March 13 BMQ

My friend just finished BMQ a few weeks ago, so he's given me all the tips and everything, which is pretty sweet  ;)

hey does anyone know if you get to go home after your bmq/sq is finished? or just before you are based?

After BMQ my friend was home but had to report in to CFB wainwright that Sunday. He's only had weekends off since, and he doesn't start SQ until April, so I imagine it will be the same for us.

I know what you look like Exo... Muhahahahahaha!  >:D See you on the plane! Along with that Armoured guy! (forgot his name)

2 days!!!!!!

CANT WAIT!!!!  :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn:

aww u've got a day up on us we fly in 2!!! WHOOOOHOOOOOO

oh then we leave on the same day.  Saturday at 7:30 we leave calgary airport.

well, spending the night in Calgary tonight. Wonder if i should even get a hotel cause I probably won't sleep.

So what do you suppose happens the remainder of Saturday and all of Sunday?

You find your way to the Base.  You find your way to your quarters.  You sleep.  Sunday you get up.  You SSS.  You find your way to the Mess Hall for Brunch.  Your Instructors will be in the PM to sort you out as to what you will be doing for the 'rest of your life course' and you will have seen everything from your arrival to your first morning on course pass before your eyes in a flash.  You won't even know where the time went.

George Wallace said:
You won't even know where the time went.

I wish I had that feeling right now.  Could this drag on any more???

I've been trying to keep as busy as possible, but I'm already packed, biography finished, and it's still going by slowly.

I have a question about the security clearance form we had to fill out: do I have to complete sections "K" through "O"? Because it says "SECTIONS 'K' TO 'O' MUST ALSO BE COMPLETED FOR LEVEL III ONLY" I'm probably just going to fill them out anyways, but it will be a pain having to track down another 3 character references, and a "neighbouhood reference.."

Depending on what Trade you are going into, you probably don't need Level III.  To be safe, fill in the information, and find references, so that you will have them when you do need to use them in the future.  Be sure to keep a copy of the forms that you are filling in, as it makes it so much easier to remember these things years from now when you have to fill out these forms again for 'renewal' or upgrade.

Stauds said:
biography finished

I have seen this on the forums in a few places but I have read through my "Joining instructions" and I can't find out where it says "write up a biography."  I will probably do one just to save myself some time during the first few days.

brandon_g said:
hey does anyone know if you get to go home after your bmq/sq is finished? or just before you are based?

My husband went to Basic 4 years ago. He arrived home from Basic and 3 days later got word he was sailing the following week. He was gone a few weeks shy of 6 months. To all of you starting out and have girlfriends/wives, it will be equally as hard for them even though they are comfy at home. They will worry. They will cry and they will freak out when you call them for the 1st time from basic (LOL) ... but Im sure if your relationship is strong enough you can make it through anything. Basic can be short in comparison to some of the time spent at sea or out in the field. To the girlfriends/wives going through this for the first time, everything will be fine  ;) ... Remember, if they dont email, call or snail~mail, its not because they forgot about you. Basic is a crazy busy time and when they get a moment, Im sure you will be the first they contact in any way. You will always be in heart and thought. Take care and to everyone heading to basic, good luck and have fun!!!!

S.Bradbury 
    :cdn:

exo said:
I have seen this on the forums in a few places but I have read through my "Joining instructions" and I can't find out where it says "write up a biography."  I will probably do one just to save myself some time during the first few days.
On the joining instructions I received, it was called "background" information, or something like that.

Back