• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

“If McGill itself were to ask for an injunction order the protestors to decamp from McGill property it would likely be quickly granted. For comparison, see the injunctions issued by the court in B.C. against protesters blocking logging roads at Fairy Creek”

McGill would have to frame that as trespass with proof of ongoing harm, damage and foreseeable liability for injury if they did not attempt to control and contain the situation using lawful means including but not limited to pursuing an injunction. That does not infer any duty whatsoever to negotiate with terrorist supporters, political insurrectionists and anarchist Marxists.
Yup, like I said, easily granted.

In my opinion I see a lot conflation of Judaism, Israel and Zionism. In turn this makes any criticism of any of the above an attack on Judaism and therefore antisemitic.
This couldn't be further from the truth, as for one reason, many of these protests have a large number of Jews in them and in some cases Jewish people are actually leading the protests. Of course you'll have a crazy person here and there (on both sides) but it's not representative of the movement.

This is a timely written article (by someone who's jewish) that crticizies the racist and colonial ideology of Zionism

Quote from the article:
"That false idol is called Zionism.

It is a false idol that takes our most profound biblical stories of justice and emancipation from slavery – the story of Passover itself – and turns them into brutalist weapons of colonial land theft, roadmaps for ethnic cleansing and genocide
"
Also, this was me for the past couple of weeks 😁
tumblr_o1j3sdC2bS1rryzypo1_540.gif

In my opinion I see a lot conflation of Judaism, Israel and Zionism. In turn this makes any criticism of any of the above an attack on Judaism and therefore antisemitic.
This couldn't be further from the truth, as for one reason, many of these protests have a large number of Jews in them and in some cases Jewish people are actually leading the protests. Of course you'll have a crazy person here and there (on both sides) but it's not representative of the movement.

This is a timely written article (by someone who's jewish) that crticizies the racist and colonial ideology of Zionism

Quote from the article:
"That false idol is called Zionism.

It is a false idol that takes our most profound biblical stories of justice and emancipation from slavery – the story of Passover itself – and turns them into brutalist weapons of colonial land theft, roadmaps for ethnic cleansing and genocide
"
Also, this was me for the past couple of weeks 😁
View attachment 84869

Ah good, you’re back. When last you were here you blatantly ignored several questions directly to you about your views on the attacks of October 7th. Since your suspension is lifted, I’ll put it to you again: the topic of this thread being Hamas’ October 7th attack on Israel, what is your personal view of the legitimacy (if any) of Hamas’ attack, and the manner in which they conducted it?

Last edited:

I’m not convinced. We’ve seen all sorts of protests at synagogues, businesses frequented by Jews, schools etc. If this was about Israel and Zionism then why target where Canadian Jews live, work and play?

By all means protest the embassy, protest at Parliament hill and other open public spaces but when protests are specifically targeting Jewish communities in Canada then its hard not to think that it isn’t anything other than anti semitism.

Ah good, you’re back.
whackamole-900px.jpg

I see at least the following tiers of activism:
1. Pro-Palestinian.
2. Anti-Israel.
3. Anti-Jewish.

As long as (2) and (3) persist mixed in with (1), it's all on the activists to sort out what they expect to be held accountable for.

There's no justification for (3).

There's no acceptable political solution for (2).

Why does there need to be a political solution for (2)? Israel exists, it’s a legitimate legal state and it’s a done deal. They aren’t going anywhere, nor should they.

Why does there need to be a political solution for (2)? Israel exists, it’s a legitimate legal state and it’s a done deal. They aren’t going anywhere, nor should they.
Dude, it's WAY more complicated than that. Don't be ignorant. (I mean that politely)

I pesonally agree that there is no going back to pre-1948, but there are far too many people still in the middle least who are not happy with that. Ending decades of attempts to literally erase Israel from both non-state actors (Hezbelloah, Hamas, etc) and state-actors (Iran, and that one dude from Qatar), will take a political solution. But right now, there isn't one in sight.

Israel could kick all the Israeli settlers out of the west Bank, kick all the Palestinians out of Gaza and move then to the west Bank, and rebuild Gaza.

Last edited:
References?
2 days ago, Brown University and the Brown Divest Coalition (BDC) reached an agreement where the students agreed clear the encampment and the University agreed to vote on divestment.

Check out the names of the representatives of BDC students...
From
1. Eli Grossman
2. Ariela Rosenzweig

They don't sound Izlamic to me 🤔.
I haven't done my research on other universities, but Jewish presence is huge and vocal in them.

Here's a clip of the agreement signatories (full agreement link in pdf is below for reference as requested).
GMeQ9tsWoAAHyXh.jpeg

2 days ago, Brown University and the Brown Divest Coalition (BDC) reached an agreement where the students agreed clear the encampment and the University agreed to vote on divestment.

From
1. Eli Grossman
2. Ariela Rosenzweig

I haven't done my research on other universities, but Jewish presence is huge and vocal in them.

Here's a clip of the agreement signatories (full agreement link in pdf is below for reference as requested).
View attachment 84874

None of that explains away the protests that have been targeting Jewish Canadians where they live.

From
1. Eli Grossman
2. Ariela Rosenzweig

View attachment 84874

So . . . two, based on the names only. Strong case.

In northwestern Ontario, many First Nation members have Scottish surnames. Never saw one wearing a kilt or flying the Satire.

From
1. Eli Grossman
2. Ariela Rosenzweig

View attachment 84874

If only being able to snapshot two Jewish sounding names from somewhere is your proof, then you are defeating your own legitimacy....

Back