• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

I would like to know how the PM and PMO determined that the intelligence was wrong. Did Trudeau ask Xi and he said “No”. Did Trudeau believe Xi because he was “strong” and believed him over CSIS?
Because then when they get retired by the electorate the offshore accounts may not be available if they offend Xi.

Pouring on the coal!

New coal plants in China soar despite President Xi's pledge to 'strictly control' dirtiest fuel​

In 2021 China promised to "strictly control" new coal power. Two years later, it surged, Global Energy Monitor found, fuelling fears about further emissions just as they should be tumbling. But the new capacity may not be used, and other countries need to step up too, GEM said.

China ramped up coal power capacity last year, according to new analysis, despite a pledge to "strictly control" the dirtiest fossil fuel.
The country added 47.4 Gigawatts (GW) of new coal power in 2023, more than double the amount added by the rest of the world combined.

It raises concerns that gains in clean power, including by China, are being undermined by the persistent use of coal, the worst energy form for climate change and air pollution.

On Wednesday the UN climate chief Simon Stiell said humanity has "two years to save the world", as he sought to galvanise leaders to step up climate action.

Testimony: Trudeau was briefed verbally. He doesn't read (reports).

A lazy F--K.
This is incredibly galling, and is in my not at all humble opinion a firing offence.

What "leader" doesn't read the int reports? I spent years reading the dailies first thing every morning, and I wasn't the fucking head of a G7 nation.

Any bets on whether he ever passed up reading the press summaries, or weekly polling?

Tosser.

This is a day I am embarrassed to be Canadian (by choice, as a landed Immigrant), and keep looking at my dual citizenship....

This is incredibly galling, and is in my not at all humble opinion a firing offence.

What "leader" doesn't read the int reports? I spent years reading the dailies first thing every morning, and I wasn't the fucking head of a G7 nation.

Any bets on whether he ever passed up reading the press summaries, or weekly polling?
It would explain how in the face of literally everything falling apart around him he continues on like the Happy Wanderer.

trump day GIF

It would explain how in the face of literally everything falling apart around him he continues on like the Happy Wanderer.

trump day GIF

I think it was @FSTO who posted this:

This really speaks so your points.

But its really something akin to the last Tsars. His (Trudeau's) empire is falling and he cant/wont/refuses/ see it.

Tosser.

This is a day I am embarrassed to be Canadian (by choice, as a landed Immigrant), and keep looking at my dual citizenship....
I understand the right's favourite leader to the south didn't either (just hang onto them apparently).

A report is one-way while the brief would offer chances for questions, clarification, etc.
Agreed. A responsible, mature head of a G7 country reads the report first to get an understanding of the situation and formulate queries to clarify or amplify particulars of a written report.

A lazy F--k doesn't.

PPCLI Guy said it best.

Tosser.

We all knew what he was before he was elected. A name and nice hair with absolutely no clue of what he had to do.
EHLB - Empty Headed Lunch Bucket.

Pouring on the coal!

New coal plants in China soar despite President Xi's pledge to 'strictly control' dirtiest fuel​

In 2021 China promised to "strictly control" new coal power. Two years later, it surged, Global Energy Monitor found, fuelling fears about further emissions just as they should be tumbling. But the new capacity may not be used, and other countries need to step up too, GEM said.

China ramped up coal power capacity last year, according to new analysis, despite a pledge to "strictly control" the dirtiest fossil fuel.
The country added 47.4 Gigawatts (GW) of new coal power in 2023, more than double the amount added by the rest of the world combined.

It raises concerns that gains in clean power, including by China, are being undermined by the persistent use of coal, the worst energy form for climate change and air pollution.

On Wednesday the UN climate chief Simon Stiell said humanity has "two years to save the world", as he sought to galvanise leaders to step up climate action.

Two new power plants weekly. Trudeau sold them some 20 million tonnes of the dirtiest coal last year. No climate agreement or penalties. Not that they'd care anyway. We have a carbon tax to help mitigate China's contribution to our atmosphere. If our convicted ecoterrorist, Guilbeault, cared about climate, he'd stop sales of the coal to China.

Sorry, just had an old timers moment. No idea why I thought that would be a viable option🤣

It's things like this that make me so skeptical of man made climate change.

Two new power plants weekly. Trudeau sold them some 20 million tonnes of the dirtiest coal last year. No climate agreement or penalties. Not that they'd care anyway. We have a carbon tax to help mitigate China's contribution to our atmosphere. If our convicted ecoterrorist, Guilbeault, cared about climate, he'd stop sales of the coal to China.

Sorry, just had an old timers moment. No idea why I thought that would be a viable option🤣

It's things like this that make me so skeptical of man made climate change.
China is also making lots of progress building tons of green alternatives.

The takeaway really is, though, that none of what we do matters, as China and others continue to rapidly industrialize, much faster than we can reduce our own emissions.

Given the precarity of the American world order, we can expect globalization to be rolled back somewhat, which will continue to further jack up prices. Worst possible time to keep pushing Canadians down this carbon tax railroad.

China's green program consists of raping the earth of toxic chemicals, much of it with child labour. Combining them into limited life solar panels, batteries and windmills. Then exporting them. All of which ends up buried in our soil, contaminating everything and never breaking down. Out of sight, out of mind. And never coming close to recouping the cost in energy. If their green shit is so great, why are they burning coal?

I think it was @FSTO who posted this:

This really speaks so your points.

But its really something akin to the last Tsars. His (Trudeau's) empire is falling and he cant/wont/refuses/ see it.
And the Tzar and his family all got killed for it.

Hey, wait a minute.......... 🤔

The documents are not what I was questioning Kev. It was the part about reading.
I wouldn't expect Trump to sit and read these things. It's just not in his personality, neither is it in Justin's.

I don't really have a massive problem with it either. Whatever works. I'm more concerned about the results than the internal machinations of government headquarters.

I wouldn't expect Trump to sit and read these things. It's just not in his personality, neither is it in Justin's.

I don't really have a massive problem with it either. Whatever works. I'm more concerned about the results than the internal machinations of government headquarters.
A good briefing is better than just reading.

I've likely misconstrued lenaitch's comment.

I'll leave it.

Back