• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best place to buy a Mess Dress Waistcoat in Halifax

Arctic Acorn

Reaction score
I am in the process of collecting all the bits and bobs for a set of mess dress. I was able to pick up a gently-used set of NCM mess dress, and now have just about everything I need, except a waistcoat.

Can anyone suggest a decent place in the Halifax/Dartmouth area to have one done up?

Cheers,

0tto

Quinpool Tailor on Oxford St (nowhere near Quinpool Rd - closer to Bayers Rd).

I've been to Quinpool Tailors, and I got a lead on the person Andrei's uses here in Halifax (who actually is on Quinpool). Both quoted 150 bucks for doeskin.

Thanks for the advice!

I'm presuming then that you are not getting a naval mess kit?  Waistcoats for naval mess kits are white marcella, not doeskin.  Some army mess kits may use doeskin.  In the old days (certainly before my time) the RCN had a mess UNDRESS uniform that might have had a dark blue, possibly doeskin, waistcoat (I'm not absolutely sure), but we no longer use mess undress at all.  Thus, the only approved waistcoat for naval mess kit is white marcella.

Thanks Pusser, I should have been more specific. Its Army mess dress, and I'm looking for a midnight green doeskin waistcoat.

Back