• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Yeah, I have. I doubt all the millions of Canadians in food lines and living under plastic tarps, burning cardboard in a juice can to stay warm agree with you. I see the same squalor and hopelessness in Trudeauvilles that I saw in Afghanistan. These people are broken, hungry and hurting. There are over 30 Trudeauvilles in Halifax alone. How many in bigger cities? How many more people is that than in 2014? It is only going to get worse.

From what CCP run fake news website are you getting this drivel? You are off by orders of magnitude. There are nowhere near millions of Canadians in food line. There was a total of 2 million individual VISITS throughout 2023. There are nowhere near millions of Canadians homeless and living "under sheets". There are only in the realm of 30,000 homeless Canadians. There are not 30 "Trudeauvilles" in Halifax. I'm not even sure if you are referring to tent encampments or the new shelters, but neither involves Trudeau, and there are only 6 tent encampments in Halifax.

New topic.
As far as 'shitholes', that's a personal opinion the poster is allowed to make. You may disagree, rant, cajole and denigrate the position, but that's just your opinion. It hold no more or no less status that someone else's opinion. Respect it as much as you expect respect for yours. For a little while yet, we are still free to think what we want, say what we want and feel comfortable doing it. Government censorship is already here, let's not go rushing it down the road to losing personal opinion also. That will come soon enough. You can eat as much as you want, live as extravagant as you want, but if the government has its boot heel on your throat and is controlling your destiny, can take your home and food by cancelling you, you live in a shithole.

Respectively, no. Just, no. While there may be SOME subjectivity in the finer details of exactly when/where a country crosses the line into "shithole", the term nonetheless has a common and objective definition that Canada, and countries like it, are no where even close to meeting. Comparing countries by various metrics is a favourite pastime of many individuals and professional institutions alike. Just look at all the different indexes I shared. This isn't a very subjective topic.

From what CCP run fake news website are you getting this drivel? You are off by orders of magnitude. There are nowhere near millions of Canadians in food line. There was a total of 2 million individual VISITS throughout 2023. There are nowhere near millions of Canadians homeless and living "under sheets". There are only in the realm of 30,000 homeless Canadians. There are not 30 "Trudeauvilles" in Halifax. I'm not even sure if you are referring to tent encampments or the new shelters, but neither involves Trudeau, and there are only 6 tent encampments in Halifax.

Respectively, no. Just, no. While there may be SOME subjectivity in the finer details of exactly when/where a country crosses the line into "shithole", the term nonetheless has a common and objective definition that Canada, and countries like it, are no where even close to meeting. Comparing countries by various metrics is a favourite pastime of many individuals and professional institutions alike. Just look at all the different indexes I shared. This isn't a very subjective topic.
Only six in Halifax you say. Pity.

Only six in Halifax you say. Pity.
More to the point, how many of those six were there before Trudeau came into power?

6 is too many, but calling homeless encampments “Trudeauvilles” is about as correct as calling the homeless crisis in Victoria “Klein-stans” because Ralph Klein bought one-way bus tickets for AB’s homeless to BC.

But I digress. Back to Trudeau-bashing…

More to the point, how many of those six were there before Trudeau came into power?

6 is too many, but calling homeless encampments “Trudeauvilles” is about as correct as calling the homeless crisis in Victoria “Klein-stans” because Ralph Klein bought one-way bus tickets for AB’s homeless to BC.

But I digress. Back to Trudeau-bashing…

I do not remember any parks or balls fields being homeless encampments before Trudeau.

They may have existed but they were definitely not in plain site and taking up public spaces like they were/are.

The homeless even took over the grand parade in Halifax.

I do not remember any parks or balls fields being homeless encampments before Trudeau.

They may have existed but they were definitely not in plain site and taking up public spaces like they were/are.

Fair.

The big thing I have against this specific argument (Trudeau is the cause of homelessness in Canada) is that - and I totally understand that it’s impossible to prove unless we can slide between Multiverses - if the LPC wasn’t in power in the past 8 years and all other things remained the same (Covid, etc) would it have been better?

There were Conservative governments in the UK, Australia, and the US in Mar 2020 when Covid hit. If we had a CPC govt at the time, I would guess that it would follow allied Conservative policies. What are the homelessness rates in those countries post-Covid? How is the housing price there? Last I saw, Australia has a huge housing issue as well.

And yes, I understand that “the Captain wears the blame for whatever happens on his/her ship” but correlation =/= causation.

Yes they did until someone looked at the calendar and noticed the Juno's were going to be very close to the same space. Hmmm maybe we better do something. There used to be two hotels running as business's in Dartmouth but are now hosting the homeless. The Travel Lodge and former Double tree to be specific. The Double Tree had just finished a renovation and rebrand to the tune of 8 Million when the Province gave them an offer they could not refuse.

The dramatic talk around ‘censorship’ has gotten a bit silly. Nobody from the government is coming to take away your right to say something stupid on army.ca. Our right to express a personal opinion is untouched and unaltered. You just don’t have any entitlement not to have your feelings hurt if someone else disagrees and calls you out on something you say in a social setting that they disagree with. There’s no government boot heel on anyone’s throat here. Everyone here is free to take a dump on our country if they want; someone else may just have something different to say about it.

The big thing I have against this specific argument (Trudeau is the cause of homelessness in Canada) is that - and I totally understand that it’s impossible to prove unless we can slide between Multiverses - if the LPC wasn’t in power in the past 8 years and all other things remained the same (Covid, etc) would it have been better?

We can go into endless hypotheticals on ifs but the fact of the matter is this wreckless government has been in power for 9 years now, Billions if not Trillions have been wasted and Canada is no better off.

Housing - f*cked.
Healthcare - f*cked.
National debt - f*cked.
Defense - f*cked.
Spending - Out of Control
Anything else to add to the list?

It's pretty disgusting we have people on this site still defending this LPC/NDP nonsense. They make these budget changes to only affect unicorn rich people which is far from the truth. This is going to affect everyone and have knock on effects for years. Want to sell a vacation property? Need to liquidate a business to afford your retirement? Entrepreneur? F*ck you let’s punish your success. These policies spit in the face of millions of the kind of people we need in this cesspool of a country, to buy the votes of the people who are the problem. Even after all these tax increases we are still in a massive debt! Insanity.

We can go into endless hypotheticals on ifs but the fact of the matter is this wreckless government has been in power for 9 years now, Billions if not Trillions have been wasted and Canada is no better off.

Housing - f*cked.
Healthcare - f*cked.
National debt - f*cked.
Defense - f*cked.
Spending - Out of Control
Anything else to add to the list?

It's pretty disgusting we have people on this site still defending this LPC/NDP nonsense. They make these budget changes to only affect unicorn rich people which is far from the truth. This is going to affect everyone and have knock on effects for years. Want to sell a vacation property? Need to liquidate a business to afford your retirement? Entrepreneur? F*ck you let’s punish your success. These policies spit in the face of millions of the kind of people we need in this cesspool of a country, to buy the votes of the people who are the problem. Even after all these tax increases we are still in a massive debt! Insanity.

I wouldn't say they are defending the LPC so much as they are interested in the truth.

And I think the truth is Trudeau is not a fault but he also hasn't been proactive in trying to right the ship. I also think as the PM he has to be the point man and take responsibility for the state of country after his term.

He's adding weight to the titanic as it's going under.

I would say he was asleep in his cabin when the ship hit the iceberg. And since then he's been unwilling to recognize the peril he is in. He's also hoping that by using sunny ways and convening he can stop the ingress of water.

He's not the right leader for Canada anymore. The world has changed and he hasn't adapted.

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.

I wouldn't say they are defending the LPC so much as they are interested in the truth.

And I think the truth is Trudeau is not a fault but he also hasn't been proactive in trying to right the ship. I also think as the PM he has to be the point man and take responsibility for the state of country after his term.
Perhaps semantics- he is ultimately at fault / responsible for the current state of the country, but that's not the same thing as being the sole or even primary cause of certain issues.

He bears some fault for some things- the buck stops with the PM in the federal realm, and he’s been PM for most of a decade. Defence is on him. Federal spending is on him, demand side of housing to the extent it’s affected by immigration is on him. Supply side housing is not; that’s provincial. Healthcare and education are provincial. Most (not all) of the backlogs in criminal courts are provincial.

So, the PM definitely wears some share of blame, and all of the federal portion ultimately lays at his feet. But it also seems fashionable to blame the feds, and consequently the PM, for things that are squarely a provincial jurisdiction (but then to complain when the feds take actions seen as encroaching on same).

The dramatic talk around ‘censorship’ has gotten a bit silly. Nobody from the government is coming to take away your right to say something stupid on army.ca. Our right to express a personal opinion is untouched and unaltered. You just don’t have any entitlement not to have your feelings hurt if someone else disagrees and calls you out on something you say in a social setting that they disagree with. There’s no government boot heel on anyone’s throat here. Everyone here is free to take a dump on our country if they want; someone else may just have something different to say about it.

I'm not so sure this is accurate. Certain classes of people don't have any entitlement not to have hurt feelings but others certainly do.

Trudeau trying to get votes from the next generation. Don't they realize that the current massive debt will be their responsibility and their grandchildren, to repay. Now 0.10 cents for every dollar.

CBC. No friend of Poliviere

There are more than 30 encampments throughout the municipality, and right now only five are designated encampment sites. Grand Parade and Victoria Park are currently "significantly" over the proposed capacity.

Just because they aren't official, doesn't mean they aren't there. Liberal gaslighting.

CBC again

As cost of living soars, millions of Canadians are turning to food banks​

New report from Food Banks Canada shows highest numbers since it began collecting data in 1989​

not quite true. There are numerous examples of people getting fired recently for making a statement that didn't fit with the woke concepts; including politicians being thrown out of their parties

not quite true. There are numerous examples of people getting fired recently for making a statement that didn't fit with the woke concepts; including politicians being thrown out of their parties
The talk was of rights, and of government censorship; not social consequences or employers/groups disassociating themselves from views they don’t feel reflect their values.

Back