• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

We still rank extremely high in every metric compared to the vast vast majority of the world.
Thats your opinion. Personally I think Canada has the potential to be the best country to live in. Trudeau has lowered the bar on fucking everything so low, we are plummeting down quickly in terms of average quality of life, health care accessibility, national defence, crime and justice, immigration, education, etc.

According to this web site, we are not even in the top 13 for health care

According to this web site, we are NOT in the top ten for home ownership

In ranking strongest economy we are tenth (which is a crying shame given our resources)

Canada ranks seventh for highest income (We can do so much better with our resources and available work force)

We are not in the top ten for life expectancy

We are presently ranked 11th as safest place to live, we can again do so much better

Take off your rose coloured glasses, raise the bar on your expectations of our government at all levels and demand better

Thats your opinion. Personally I think Canada has the potential to be the best country to live in. Trudeau has lowered the bar on fucking everything so low, we are plummeting down quickly in terms of average quality of life, health care accessibility, national defence, crime and justice, immigration, education, etc.

In ranking strongest economy we are tenth (which is a crying shame given our resources)

Canada ranks seventh for highest income (We can do so much better with our resources and available work force)

We are presently ranked 11th as safest place to live, we can again do so much better

Take off your rose coloured glasses, raise the bar on your expectations of our government at all levels and demand better

Glass half full: we're doing very well in public sector job creation ;)

• Net job growth in the public sector between February 2020 and June 2023 was 11.8 percent in the public sector and just 3.3 percent in the private sector (including self-employment).
  • In all ten provinces, the rate of job growth was faster in the public sector than in the private sector, including self-employment. In four provinces, private sector net job creation expressed in this way was negative.
  • The provinces vary widely in the extent of public and private sector job growth. Of the four largest provinces, British Columbia had the fastest rate of public sector job creation (22.6 percent) and the slowest rate of private sector job creation (0.3 percent), while Alberta had the lowest rate of government sector job growth (8.9 percent) and the fastest rate of private sector job growth (6.2 percent).
1713285084095.png

Public and Private Sector Job Growth in the Provinces during the COVID-19 Era.

Canada really is a shit hole country. It used to be a great place to live if you were average and mediocre. Now I just think it's a great place to live if you're a loser. No one speaks coherent English anymore and the country is filling up with unhireables.
That’s quite the take for someone living off a cushy federal government job who has admitted to sticking it out specifically for the defined benefit pension.

If nobody around you speaks coherent English, maybe move out of your backwater posting and go somewhere else? Here in the city I interact every day with Canadians new and old who speak one or both of our official languages quite well, or are working their butts off to do so.

That’s quite the take for someone living off a cushy federal government job who has admitted to sticking it out specifically for the defined benefit pension.

Maybe more canadians should join up and receive the same cushy benefits. Only problem is they'd have to work....

That also shows us that dual citizens of convenience are not just living abroad. Some live here too.

His plan is working.

If nobody around you speaks coherent English, maybe move out of your backwater posting and go somewhere else? Here in the city I interact every day with Canadians new and old who speak one or both of our official languages quite well, or are working their butts off to do so.
Here in the city I interact every day with people that do not speak either of our official languages anywhere near well. They try to ask questions and I can't help them. I have lived next to a woman for 8 years now that still doesn't speak either official language. Not too long ago the press tried pushing the sympathy card for a woman in BC that lived there for 20 years and didn't speak any English, she lived in China Town, left it to her husband to learn English and then he passed away. Personally, I am not sympathetic as I believe that when moving to another country you need to learn the local language rather than expecting them to deal with you in your old country language. Everyone that comes to Canada to live should have one year to pass a language test to at least the level of Newfoundlanders (ok perhaps townies, those bay boys get a little difficult).

Got the same here, in Little Italy. Old guys been here for 40 years and haven't left the neighborhood or associated with any other, than there own. Can't speak any English.

Here in the city I interact every day with people that do not speak either of our official languages anywhere near well. They try to ask questions and I can't help them. I have lived next to a woman for 8 years now that still doesn't speak either official language. Not too long ago the press tried pushing the sympathy card for a woman in BC that lived there for 20 years and didn't speak any English, she lived in China Town, left it to her husband to learn English and then he passed away. Personally, I am not sympathetic as I believe that when moving to another country you need to learn the local language rather than expecting them to deal with you in your old country language. Everyone that comes to Canada to live should have one year to pass a language test to at least the level of Newfoundlanders (ok perhaps townies, those bay boys get a little difficult).

Got the same here, in Little Italy. Old guys been here for 40 years and haven't left the neighborhood or associated with any other, than there own. Can't speak any English.

Sure, but he wasn’t talking about handfuls here and there. Even accounting for drama and hyperbole he was talking in pretty broad absolutes. Of course there are people who don’t speak English or French, and they basically have to figure it out and deal with it. But that wasn’t what his whiny little “Canada is a shithole” rant was about.

"Canada is a shithole" A personal opinion he's entitled to and likely won't change.

We're wasting a lot of bandwidth attacking a personal opinion.

Here in the city I interact every day with Canadians new and old who speak one or both of our official languages quite well, or are working their butts off to do so.
My grandmother spoke neither official language when she arrived in Canada nearly 95 years ago. She spoke 3 different European languages, though). She suffered a massive stroke in her early 80s, and moved into a long term care home. As we cleared out her house, we found a notebook, filled with her notes over several decades to learn and improve her English language skills (while raising five children and working farms on two different provinces).

Went thru Cornwallis with a townie and a half-dozen or so Bay Boys or whatever they call themselves when they're from Leading Tickles. We could converse with the townie. With the rest, we just looked at them and made fog horn noises.

Went thru Cornwallis with a townie and a half-dozen or so Bay Boys or whatever they call themselves when they're from Leading Tickles. We could converse with the townie. With the rest, we just looked at them and made fog horn noises.
During Battle School in the 70's I was the only mainlander in my room. When I'd go home on leave, no one could unnerstand me cept me Irish mum.

So this happened and perhaps signifies a shift emerging in Quebec.

Attachments

• IMG_1784.jpeg
    IMG_1784.jpeg
    324.2 KB · Views: 35
Back