• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Iran Super Thread- Merged

Not clear how solid this is, but I’m seeing various posts on Twitter than Iran’s air defense has gone to highest alert and flight restrictions are being put in place. Might be a busy night.
Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Ok lets go.....

This piss poor excuse for a foreign minister needs to get back in her seat on the special needs bus:

We really get the government we deserve. Apathy will ensure useless individuals will get high profile cabinet positions.

We really get the government we deserve
Nonsense. We have two absolute junk parties who have successively formed government and retained a system that protects their duopoly and compels Canadians to select the least horrible of the bad options. We deserve better than anything on offer, but the partisans have protected the system that gatekeepers for them.

… but that’s a discussion for another thread.

Nonsense. We have two absolute junk parties who have successively formed government and retained a system that protects their duopoly and compels Americans to select the least horrible of the bad options. We deserve better than anything on offer, but the partisans have protected the system that gatekeepers for them.

… but that’s a discussion for another thread.
Subtle change - but it fits as well.

Reactions: McG
To be honest, whoever is sitting in that seat is going to being saying something along the same lines, to the effect of trying to convince Israel not to attack and make things worse. All the rest of the Western Foreign ministers are doing it.

The best that we can hope for is for them to strike Iranian proxies in Syria or Yemen.

To be honest, whoever is sitting in that seat is going to being saying something along the same lines, to the effect of trying to convince Israel not to attack and make things worse. All the rest of the Western Foreign ministers are doing it.

The best that we can hope for is for them to strike Iranian proxies in Syria or Yemen.

Responding to attacks on your sovereign territory is "making things worse"?

"How dare you fight back against that bully, next time they swing just roll with the punches."

The best thing we could hope for is a decapitation strike...

Getting baited into a regional conflict is my definition of making it worse. While I have every confidence in the Iron Dome over Israel, is it not just a little suspicious that, what was it, less than 1% of the missiles/drones launched actually landed, and those that did caused very little damage?

The Iranian government is playing the long game I think. They got Israel to make attacks in Syria. Next is likely Lebanon. Maybe direct attacks into Iran. The détente that had been growing between Israel and the Arab world is being chipped away, and I would not be surprised to see Arab nations once again band together to fight who they see as the "Bully" in the region.

And what happens then? Do any Western nations come to the rescue in direct support? Or do governments say, we warned you not to escalate, you are on your own?

Back