• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Competition list clarification

floodster06

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

About a month and a half ago I completed my medical and interview (I am applying for subsidized education at RMC) and when I look on the forces.ca website applicant portal, it says I am on the competition list. I didn't get an email about this though, so I'm wondering if that is normal procedure or if I am missing something. Also, how does the competition list work exactly? It's my understanding that the higher you are on the list, the more likely you are to receive an offer, but how do they measure you up against others, specifically for your selected occupation?

Thanks for any help you're able to offer

The competition list is the last step in the recruiting process before you receive an official job offer. I am also currently on the competition list for ROTP. Essentially, your file will be matched up against all the other files, and the files with the highest scores will be selected until the trade is filled. For ROTP, your score is a combination of your military potential (aptitude test, interview, med exam) and academics (high-school grades).

The competition list is the last step in the recruiting process before you receive an official job offer. I am also currently on the competition list for ROTP. Essentially, your file will be matched up against all the other files, and the files with the highest scores will be selected until the trade is filled. For ROTP, your score is a combination of your military potential (aptitude test, interview, med exam) and academics (high-school grades).
Interesting, thank you. Do you have a general idea of when they start sending out offers to those selected?

Interesting, thank you. Do you have a general idea of when they start sending out offers to those selected?

I was told that they begin in December but it seems others have been told January. Soon enough, whatever the answer is.

It's been approx 5 years since I last worked in recruiting, but a handful of offers went out in December, and then they keep doing selections until all the slots are filled. It comes in waves so that the recruiting centres are able to manage the workload of enrolling the new members.

It's been approx 5 years since I last worked in recruiting, but a handful of offers went out in December, and then they keep doing selections until all the slots are filled. It comes in waves so that the recruiting centres are able to manage the workload of enrolling the new members.
Good to know, thanks. Do you know if it’s normal procedure to not directly notify an applicant that they are on the competition list? I would have assumed there would be an email or something informing me I have passed all my medical and interview steps, but I never received one. On the CAF application portal, however, it does say I am on the competition list.

Good to know, thanks. Do you know if it’s normal procedure to not directly notify an applicant that they are on the competition list? I would have assumed there would be an email or something informing me I have passed all my medical and interview steps, but I never received one. On the CAF application portal, however, it does say I am on the competition list.
My CAF portal didn’t show any updates. Still it is showing ready for CAF test,whereas, I have completed CFAT, interview and medical test. Now dont know anything.

I know the system used to send out an automated message to state that you were moved forward; however not sure how the system is set up now. They may rely on individuals logging in to see where they are.
My CAF portal didn’t show any updates. Still it is showing ready for CAF test,whereas, I have completed CFAT, interview and medical test. Now dont know anything.
You should probably contact your recruiter to determine what, if anything is missing. The information from the portal is taken directly from CFRIMS, so if you're still sitting in "Waiting for Testing" in CFRIMS, that's where you will be in the portal. If you've done all those things, follow up with your recruiter.

I am also on the compeition list for ROTP as of monday. Have you received an offer yet?

I am also on the compeition list for ROTP as of monday. Have you received an offer yet?
I just logged in and found it at selected, not sure what occupation/trade yet. I am not sure when the offer would be sent out or how to figure out the occupation I was selected for. Going to call in tommorow to my recruiting centre.

Same, we'll most likely be prestended our offers within the next week. Wanna get a group chat going?

I'm wondering if you did serve a few years back and re-enlisted, if this impacts your place on the selection list even if it's a different trade ?

I just logged in and found it at selected, not sure what occupation/trade yet. I am not sure when the offer would be sent out or how to figure out the occupation I was selected for. Going to call in tommorow to my recruiting centre.
My status also says selected on the application portal, but I have not yet received a call or offer.
Same, we'll most likely be prestended our offers within the next week. Wanna get a group chat going?
I'm down to start a group chat on Snapchat or Instagram. Just let me know

My CAF portal is still at Point 1 - Prospect, even if all my tests were made and now waiting to be on the competition list.

I called my local CFRC to ask if it was a normal thing to still be at point 1 of the process, and the Sgt at the end of the line told me not to refer to the online portal for following up your status, but to call them directly.

I guess they know the online progress flaw but won't do anything about it soon.

My CAF portal is still at Point 1 - Prospect, even if all my tests were made and now waiting to be on the competition list.

I called my local CFRC to ask if it was a normal thing to still be at point 1 of the process, and the Sgt at the end of the line told me not to refer to the online portal for following up your status, but to call them directly.

I guess they know the online progress flaw but won't do anything about it soon.
I am also doing the same to get update. But it would be great if can get update online like others as I feel hesitate to knock them thinking like they might be irritate.

I am also doing the same to get update. But it would be great if can get update online like others as I feel hesitate to knock them thinking like they might be irritate.
I get that. I'm similar in that I hate feeling like I am nagging them for information, but I also heard that the CAF likes those who take initiative to get things done. So we just have to swallow the bitter pill and get things done to get things moving sometimes.

There is a difference between calling once a week or every 2 weeks and calling hourly or daily. Once in a while is fine. Hourly or daily is irritating.

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if any of the folk who were in 'selected' for ROTP received an offer yet. I was moved into selected just last week and I want to gauge my odds of actually getting an offer.

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if any of the folk who were in 'selected' for ROTP received an offer yet. I was moved into selected just last week and I want to gauge my odds of actually getting an offer.
Hello. I was moved to "selected" two weeks ago, and no offer yet. Also, wondering the same thing as you.

Back