• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can you recognize this rifle?

S

SoldierBoi69

I don't know the actual model of this Lee Enfield I'm holding, but I know its .303 and its British. I was just wondering if any of you older more experienced riflemen would help me find out what the model and make it is.

meandmy1stkill.jpg

It should be stamped om the left side of the receiver below where the rear site swivels i.e. No4 Mk1

It's called a BUBBAIZED Lee-Enfield ,chopped up and robbed of it's former glory. :)

Dead right MG, a "Sportarised" Lee-Enfield is barely a Lee-Enfield at all!
But hey i am a tad biased...Get back in the locker, Martini-Enfield! You too Lee-Metford! Dont make me come over there No.3!
Maybe even a No.4 on the way on of these days, i'm aiming for the complete collection!
I've never shot a cut up one though, how do they handle?

I have both a Sporterized and Originally stocked enfield as well as an No4Mk1 Barrel and Reciever etc mated to a choate tactical thumbhole stock and they all handle just swimmingly

Actually, if you want to be a rivet counter it's a No. 1 rifle. The No. 3 rifle is the P. 14.....
No. 1 Mk III and Mk III* are the most common of what we call SMLE rifles. The name changes were adopted in the 1920s:
No. 1 Rifle - the SMLE series of .303 cal rifles;
No. 2 Rifle - the .22 cal SMLE  series;
No. 3 Rifle - the P-14 series;
and in the 1930s the No 4 Rifle was introduced and in 1944, the No 5 rifle (jungle carbine).
Wish I'd kept my collection...

I don't recongnize the Rifle but........I do recongnize the pants???? mixed with civi gear :mad:

My mistake, little bit of dyslexia there I'm forever getting Mark and Number mixed up.

once a gunner said:
I don't recongnize the Rifle but........I do recongnize the pants???? mixed with civi gear :mad:

This young lad PM'd me and let me know that his pants were knock off's so I felt responsible to reply in open forum to aplogize for quickly jumping on him ref: his pant with civi gear.  Good on you Madder my BAD :-[

Going by the charger bridge and rear sight, its a No1 MkIII series, sporterised. The maker and year of manufacture can be seen, if I remember correctly, on the right side of the rear part of the reciever, under the operating handle of the bolt.

It will most likely be British and pre 1920. Let us know the markings and we'll be able to tell you.

Cheers,

Wes

No idea about the rifle, nice buck though.

spelling

thanks, its my first, I got it last year with a at about 200 yards, the bullet traveled through the right front leg, into the rib cage, into the right lung, scraped across the bottom of the heart, into the left lung and out the other side of the rib cage.

Back