• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Secret RCMP report warns Canadians may revolt once they realize how broke they are" (NatPost/Postmedia)

I think that's pretty much a given barring some catastrophe within the alliance of the Libs and NDP.

It also gives the Cons time to self implode. Which they have a track record of doing.

Back to the point of the thread, do we think the a PP lead CPC government will quell this bubbling and seething anger that seems to be now present in Canadian society ?

We’ll have two smoking ludicrous deficit-debt heavy budgets on Trudeau’s watch, and by the election time…post-Diwali of course, the carbon tax is going to make current levels look like child’s play.

This is likely going to play out as LPC being nonoctamated (where 98% are killed off) all for the sake of wanting to get the Class of 2019 onto the gravy train.

If PP were smart, he’d push for an advance of the election by a week, or say that the CPC candidates will refuse to vest a pension even if the Liberals and NDP push it through…

Back to the point of the thread, do we think the a PP lead CPC government will quell this bubbling and seething anger that seems to be now present in Canadian society ?
I think Pierre absolutely has the potential to dampen the seething anger that's now prevailing in Canadian society towards government, if he does what he says he will do.

I think the seething anger towards the Liberal Party of Canada will remain just under the surface for a long, long, long time though...the LPC got fat off the wallets and rights of Canadians since they came into power, and Canadians won't be forgetting that anytime soon.

Nor can they, the economic damage they've done to Canada has been so catastrophic that it will take a decade to heal from, at least. Even if Justin is no longer the face of the party, the Liberal Party has damaged itself so much I don't think it will matter.

Replacing the Captain of the Titanic wouldnt have done much once the ship started taking on water...

The only reason Trudeau hasn't been marched to the gallows is because the Criminal Code definition of treason didn't account for someone being this much of a piece of s**t. The definition is outdated, and should be updated to reflect the more modern ways this can occur.

If the Conservatives axe the carbon tax, discard the internet censorship legislation, build more homes & apartments to address the housing shortage, put the brakes on mass immigration for a few years, approve of various projects across the country that will employ thousands of people each AND simultaneously make Canada more competitive, and continue with his PR campaign of working with and for Canadians, making common sense decisions that can benefit everybody, etc - then I think Pierre could absolutely quell the anger Canadians have towards government.

I think Pierre absolutely has the potential to dampen the seething anger that's now prevailing in Canadian society towards government, if he does what he says he will do.

I truly hope he walks the walk. But I am fully prepared to be disappointed.

I think the seething anger towards the Liberal Party of Canada will remain just under the surface for a long, long, long time though...the LPC got fat off the wallets and rights of Canadians since they came into power, and Canadians won't be forgetting that anytime soon.

Nor can they, the economic damage they've done to Canada has been so catastrophic that it will take a decade to heal from, at least. Even if Justin is no longer the face of the party, the Liberal Party has damaged itself so much I don't think it will matter.

Canadians like to spank the LPC, every now and then, and send them to a corner, but its never for very very long.

Replacing the Captain of the Titanic wouldnt have done much once the ship started taking on water...

The only reason Trudeau hasn't been marched to the gallows is because the Criminal Code definition of treason didn't account for someone being this much of a piece of s**t. The definition is outdated, and should be updated to reflect the more modern ways this can occur.

Treasonous eh ? I think we have to be careful what words to processes we use. Once Pandora's Box is open is has a habit of biting the opener. Much like I think the witch hunt for Trump and the use of the EMA against the truckers will turn on those who employed them, eventually.

If the Conservatives axe the carbon tax, discard the internet censorship legislation, build more homes & apartments to address the housing shortage, put the brakes on mass immigration for a few years, approve of various projects across the country that will employ thousands of people each AND simultaneously make Canada more competitive, and continue with his PR campaign of working with and for Canadians, making common sense decisions that can benefit everybody, etc - then I think Pierre could absolutely quell the anger Canadians have towards government.

And walk back firearms legislation. Do all of that and I will be happy.

... Treasonous eh ? I think we have to be careful what words to processes we use. Once Pandora's Box is open is has a habit of biting the opener.
Gotta agree with the use of "traitor" as well -- Mulroney got called a "traitor" more than once during the Free Trade debate on his watch, too. Respect for politicians sure ain't what it used to be, but those who "would love to smash (whoever) in the mouth" or share gallows memes have to be careful about being able to accept the same about politicians they agree with.
Much like I think the witch hunt for Trump and the use of the EMA against the truckers will turn on those who employed them, eventually ...
Perfect example of all sides having to be careful about how they disagree with their enemies (edited to add: or people of different viewpoints) - it seems to come back to this ...
PoliticalSpectrum.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta agree with the use of "traitor" as well -- Mulroney got called a "traitor" more than once during the Free Trade debate on his watch, too. Respect for politicians sure ain't what it used to be, but those who "would love to smash (whoever) in the mouth" or share gallows memes have to be careful about being able to accept the same about politicians they agree with.

Perfect example of all sides having to be careful about how they disagree with their enemies (edited to add: or people of different viewpoints) - it seems to come back to this ...
View attachment 84110
To get respect you need to give respect. Treat people like dog shit on your shoe, threaten their livelihoods, homes, hunger, retirement, etc, you get what you deserve.

What goes around comes around. I have zero pity for trudeau, because of the despicable, destructive way he's treated Canadians.

Yup, I checked that one (the dates, not the names) and it checks out. Bumping the election a week will make everyone elected in 2019 vested in the pension. They accrue for pension at 3% per annum, and those elected in 2019 can start drawing when they’re 65. At their salary, that’s a cool $35k a year for six years of service (though coordinated with CPP).

I don’t buy the Diwali excuse either. The fact that the election period is extended to three days, IMO, more than accounts for that. This is blatantly slimy, though legal.
Unethical, immoral and self centered could be added as well

Depending how some would want the offence re-defined, I suspect no Head of Government would survive their term.

His continued refusal to export LNG to anyone makes me wonder about his honesty and his mentality. I am not saying he is insane....but some other form of disorder may be at work.
It's perfectly rational. The LPC has branded themselves as more green than the Greens, so any move to undermine their green credibility destroys the image they have tried to create. The LPC recreated itself to be the model the image of a green, and compassionate party. They abandoned any sense of being a party of the center back in 2015. It's why they refuse to back down on the carbon tax, even though it is directly leading to a massive self-inflicted wound for the party.

His continued refusal to export LNG to anyone makes me wonder about his honesty and his mentality. I am not saying he is insane....but some other form of disorder may be at work.
Any attempt to do so will go no where. Even if it was harper in power, the natives have too much power to stop or delay any sort of project that they choose to stop.

Until we start looking to abolish the indian act and the treaties, well moving forward to a unified future, it will always be this way. The good news is we are only a few short years from being a white minority and with that comes the fact most immigrants to this country feel no sympathy towards native rights. Once that happens, things will start to change and likely not in the way those groups want it.

How does the Kitimat LNG project and Coastal Gaslink pipeline project fit into this?

I think we need much more of course, but we have not seen a total refusal to approve or build.

Any attempt to do so will go no where. Even if it was harper in power, the natives have too much power to stop or delay any sort of project that they choose to stop.

Until we start looking to abolish the indian act and the treaties, well moving forward to a unified future, it will always be this way. The good news is we are only a few short years from being a white minority and with that comes the fact most immigrants to this country feel no sympathy towards native rights. Once that happens, things will start to change and likely not in the way those groups want it.
My sense is that the majority of western Canadian First Nations are in favour of oil & gas and (more importantly) making money.

A few vocal minority get the media time…

I have always been confused about anyone in Canada claiming to speak for FNs, as there is a vast variety of experiences and desires between them all. When my mother was administering a program and delivering courses to FN community workers from Ontario and Quebec, the tensions between different nations, and between different communities within the same nations, was fascinating.

At a party after the graduation from the program, I remember someone joking "I'm from a mixed marriage. Mom is from Kanewake, Dad is from Kanesatake" and folks howled.

.... When my mother was administering a program and delivering courses to FN community workers from Ontario and Quebec, the tensions between different nations, and between different communities within the same nations, was fascinating ....
Saw the same in a previous life with AANDC/INAC/ISC. Some of it small-town politics maybe amplified a titch.

Another example: While a lot of people think all remote FNs want all-season road access, a significant number don't.

These examples show how it's hard to develop uniform policies across diverse communities - and with some aggregate organizations representing multiple FNs sometimes doing stuff individual member FNs are underwhelmed with.

Then again, that's also part of our federalism writ large. Even if a government policy works in 85% of cases, it's that 15% that squeaks the wheel, so to speak. And this is certainly true re: much of the audible squeaking ....
... A few vocal minority get the media time…

How does the Kitimat LNG project and Coastal Gaslink pipeline project fit into this?

I think we need much more of course, but we have not seen a total refusal to approve or build.
…although people might be excused for wondering why the very low profile response to the targeted violence at the Coastal Gaslink facility in BC…

IMO only - several FN love to see a chief get elected - then proceed to trot all the skeletons out of the closet triggering a resignation followed by an election of a new chief - lather,rinse, repeat

Saw the same in a previous life with AANDC/INAC/ISC. Some of it small-town politics maybe amplified a titch.

Another example: While a lot of people think all remote FNs want all-season road access, a significant number don't.

These examples show how it's hard to develop uniform policies across diverse communities - and with some aggregate organizations representing multiple FNs sometimes doing stuff individual member FNs are underwhelmed with.

Then again, that's also part of our federalism writ large. Even if a government policy works in 85% of cases, it's that 15% that squeaks the wheel, so to speak. And this is certainly true re: much of the audible squeaking ....

If only there was a system of government that wasn't centralized.

Last edited:
Treasonous eh ? I think we have to be careful what words to processes we use. Once Pandora's Box is open is has a habit of biting the opener. Much like I think the witch hunt for Trump and the use of the EMA against the truckers will turn on those who employed them, eventually.

And walk back firearms legislation. Do all of that and I will be happy.

Ditto. Walk back the firearms legislation indeed.

(Thankfully the provinces seemed to have banded together for the most part on this - I've heard directly from Premier Smith & Public Safety Minister Ellis themselves, in person, we are to devote no time or resources into enforcement of the new laws/regs above and beyond what we were doing before. Basically just ignore the noise coming from Ottawa for all practical purposes, aka take the guns away from baddies, leave the law abiding citizens alone.)

Something else I would add to the wish list is a solid review of the use of temporary foreign workers. I don't know enough details about this phenomenon to comment really, but from what I have gathered, a review of the use and number of temp foreign workers sounds in order...

(Our population hit both the 40 million AND 41 million markers in 2023...wow!)

And as for the whole treason thing...big dramatic sigh...

Both all make a very good point in that it is a pandoras box that would set precident that would/could be used in the future by politicians looking to squash their political opponents.

Just from that perspective alone, it may very well be a bad idea.

I just don't know what other word to use when describing what he's done to the very country he was supposed to look out for, do what's in its best interest, and make decisions reflective of what the citizenry wants...he's done the opposite of all of those things.

He hasn't looked our for us. He does the opposite of what the citizenry want, and those things are not for the good of the country...

Passing internet censorship legislation, with the bulk of it still to come - and where he had to introduce the bill in a very sneaky and underhanded way...

A carbon tax that keeps inflation higher than it needs to be, while driving up the cost of living to already ridiculous levels (just wait until these next increases take affect)...

Trying to arrest, charge, and sue Admiral McDonald yet happily giving Omad Khadr $10 million of OUR tax dollars...

Deliberately refusing or rejecting every major project that's been presented to them, minus some LNG stuff and some pipeline stuff in the last few years...

How about Chinese 'businessmen' donating money to the Trudeau Foundation, the PLA scientists in our national lab that he tried to cover up, the Chinese "police stations", or the Chinese government threatening a sitting member of our Parliament?

The proven election interference by China?

(Trudeau knew about the sitting MP receiving threats intended for him, and his family - he was briefed on it 4 times - but he looked the other way and pretended he didn't know...)

And now we learn they spent $42 million buying guns back from Canadians during the gun buy back...yet exactly 0 firearms were turned in. (Haha okay that did make me laugh earlier today, proud of my fellow Canucks)

(Add this $42 million to buy back 0 guns, to the $60 million ArriveSCAM app, and that's $100 million taxpayer dollars that were spent to accomplish precisely nothing. Could have lit it on fire & had just as much to show for it...)

I guess if I were to organize my thoughts...

- His conduct in regards to China is downright suspect. Chinese businessmen randomly donating money to his foundation, the PLA scientists at our national lab that he fervently tried to cover up (even suing the Speaker of the House for releasing the documents to the public), tolerating threats against a sitting MP & his family REGARDLESS of party...

It may not fit the legal definition, but he absolutely sold us out for a dollar figure somewhere along the line.

- His personal conduct on domestic matters I find absolutely treasonous in the sense that he's betrayed and abandoned every single value I was raised to believe our country stood for, has stood tall while blatantly breaking the law like its his legit full time job (no wonder he wants easy bail!) and like discussed in another thread, consistently does things against the best interests or wishes of the people.

So while it may not fit the legal definition either, on a personal level I feel like he's absolutely sold us out to a higher power.

I just want there to be some form of accountability for f**k sake...ya know?

Maybe not a treason charge, but surely to hell there has to be some mechanism available somewhere to hold him accountable. The wagging of the finger isn't working.

Initially he didn't approve LNG being further developed out east, but approval and subsequent development was done pretty quietly sometime after that...

So not a total refusal to build or develop, just a much steeper road to approval than may have been necessary.

This is the same guy after all, who said "There is no business case" for us to further develop our LNG industry after sending both Germany AND Japan to rummage elsewhere for it...

Back