• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pace Managers

Halifax Tar

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Any other Pace/PAR managers on here ?

Might be an idea to use this pose questions and answers for folks. I know I am learning the ropes.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's helpful, but found out last year you can add 'intermediary reviewers' so that it's not going from the author all the way up the chain to the RO (potentially skipping most of the CoC). That was something the Pace manager could add on, but may have been a unit thing where they decided the RO was going to be the section heads (so Cdr level, or civi equivalent).

Now potentially the upper parts of the CoC are left off the review, but at least you can click on the PARs in the pace module and read all the ones for whoever is below you.

This was passed on during the pilot as well, but for whatever reason they like it this way. Does keep less people in the review loop for speed, but means that parmon will be making the same corrections a lot because now there are way more silos. At least on the ships, a lot of that was picked up and corrected within the departmental review before permon saw it because it all funneled through a few people.

Definitely some weird ass scoring criteria; still unclear what 'envisioning' and 'innovation' actually mean, or how that's relevant to most jobs that aren't looking at strategic big picture things.

just for myself had transfer of members par to me, set an IR on one, change one to Opt out, PARX then back to PAR.

I do like that the system now does it correctly for the PAR to be done before the boards as it was always supposed to be. Too many were doing the board and then dictating the members PER to the supervisors based on the board rating. Had a few times that I refused to change the PER I wrote simply because the board decided someone else rated higher and their supervisor wrote a crap PER. Once told them that perhaps they should review the supervisors PER and provide him with lessons on writing a PER as there was no way the PER he wrote on his member warranted a high board rating. I also like that they have battled against the walking on water PER system that had become the norm and are enforcing a more realistic rating. Tired of the "I like bloggins so am giving him a hard right PER" when bloggins barely functioned in his job.

Bit high jacking there but the overall is Yep - don't miss being the PER manager as I don't see or have to deal with any of that stuff anymore.

Any other Pace/PAR managers on here ?

Might be an idea to use this pose questions and answers for folks. I know I am learning the ropes.
I'm one for 5XX but as a Tech Guru in the PM shop. I help troubleshoot the MM/PACE vs User interface errors. Happy to participate in things I've seen.

Back