• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cost of housing in Canada

Wasn't sure where to put this... but here seems relevant as it is related overall cost of home ownership.

A rain tax :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Torontonians deserve this so much.

Update:

Mayor says people need information on 'how to make their land more porous ... to prevent the flooding that may happen when a big storm comes'

:LOL:

Update:

Mayor says people need information on 'how to make their land more porous ... to prevent the flooding that may happen when a big storm comes'

This is clown world.

Reactions: QV

If you think that is hilarious,

JANUARY 23, 2024

Toronto’s tax rate for 2023 was 0.66 per cent, which included the city’s tax rate and building fund, and 0.15 per cent for the education tax rate. In 2023, smaller cities tended to have the highest tax rates such as Waterloo, Ont., at 1.20 per cent, and Sault Ste-Marie, Ont. at 1.72 per cent.

Or, Winnipeg @ 2.64%

1712177210631.png

If you think that is hilarious,

JANUARY 23, 2024

Toronto’s tax rate for 2023 was 0.66 per cent, which included the city’s tax rate and building fund, and 0.15 per cent for the education tax rate. In 2023, smaller cities tended to have the highest tax rates such as Waterloo, Ont., at 1.20 per cent, and Sault Ste-Marie, Ont. at 1.72 per cent.

Or, Winnipeg @ 2.64%

View attachment 84217
So instead of begging for provincial and federal bailouts, maybe Toronto should charge a reasonable tax rate?

So instead of begging for provincial and federal bailouts, maybe Toronto should charge a reasonable tax rate?

I just pay taxes. Never claimed to understand the national system.

But, I did know how one department, in one city, was funded.

The funding was based on the census population, not the business day population.

As a result, there were always more people requiring 9-1-1 service than the dept. was funded for.

Consequently,

The City Of Toronto responds to 40% of the emergency ( paramedic ) call volume in Ontario.
https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2019/ec/bgrd/backgroundfile-133549.pdf

If you want to call that "begging", I :salute: you.

As far as griping about tax rates, Toronto's at 0.67%, is significantly higher than Vancouver's at 0.28%.

I'll leave it for a taxation expert to explain why.

Meanwhile, more information about macro-economic trends that big government (and their expensive programs) can do little about in the short term ...

1712598050976.png

Meanwhile, more information about macro-economic trends that big government (and their expensive programs) can do little about in the short term ...

View attachment 84329

I’m sure that if PMJT used that stat to justify cutting back any funds, the CPC will just say “fair call”

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

AND THEY ARE PRESENTING IT AS A TEAR-DOWN. 1.8 MIL. FOR A BUILDING LOT

RIGHT. THE AVERAGE PRICE FOR A DETACHED HOME IN THAT AREA WAS $2,257,635 IN FEB. 2024.

Here is a laneway house in Trinity-Bellwoods just shy of $5 million.

Hands up all those whose kids are still living under their roof because they can't afford rent or mortgage.

If you are going to have to share a house or an apartment then you might as well share it with family.
We are really trying to get our kids home to the farm. (TBC these are my wife’s kids from her 1st marriage. My child passed away). The problem they have, and I agree, is that there is no bright lights, big future like more urban or metro. There is no real government services, no bank headquarters, No hospitals, big box stores, no corporate ladders, no universities, no big league sports, etc.
The life Canadians are being told to live just to have 2 nickels to rub together is not conducive to the places where the “old stock” youth can own a nice home and stay within arcs on their career paths.

That is quite a change from 10 years ago where even I lived in an Ontario city, in a home that I would no longer be able to afford to buy even if I was a young man with an established career.

I’ve built a nice second home for one of the kids on the property, he’ll come home but he’s got some more things to do 1st. One of the others is in the USAF and she’ll come in about 4 years. The 3rd is in Tel Aviv and she has business in the service to finish there before coming home and starting university.

This is horrible and she’s paying 1100 /month …
We’ve got to simply halt all foreign students in Canada, purge the slum lords, reconfigure housin for students, set standards and accountability. And above all admit students responsibly without cratering standards, communities and population balance.

The problem they have, and I agree, is that there is no bright lights, big future like more urban or metro. There is no real government services, no bank headquarters, No hospitals, big box stores, no corporate ladders, no universities, no big league sports, etc.

Sounds like bliss.

Back