• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Zelenskyy Perturbed at Friend Trudeau

The sun is shining. We have fields of grass. And we can' t be bothered to make hay.
EXCEPTION - whatever "oppressed" demographic gets beaucoup taxpayer $$$ when they want it.

WTF is "intersex"? Can someone explain the insanity that is going on in this country?

Tricky stuff that Hydrogen. Just what you want to be fueling cars and transporting by sea.

For the second time in five days, NASA on Saturday halted a countdown in progress and postponed a planned attempt to launch the debut test flight of its giant, next-generation rocket, the first mission of the agency’s moon-to-Mars Artemis program.

The latest attempt to launch the 32-story-tall Space Launch System rocket and its Orion capsule was scrubbed after repeated failed attempts by technicians to fix a leak of super-cooled liquid hydrogen propellant being pumped into the vehicle’s core-stage fuel tanks.

yes it is
image-placeholder-title.jpg

Britain's new PM's new energy plan....

Liz Truss's energy plan at a glance:

• Two-year “Energy Price Guarantee” to be rolled out.
  • Typical UK household will pay no more than £2,500 a year on their energy bill for the next two years, starting from October 1.
  • Will save the average household £1,000 a year based on current energy prices.
  • Increase domestic oil and gas production by launching a new oil and gas licensing round as early as next week.
  • Lift the ban on fracking to enable shale gas production in areas where there is local support.
  • New six month support scheme for businesses will see them offered equivalent help on energy bills to what is being provided to consumers.
  • Government claims the package will boost economic growth and reduce inflation by 4-5 points.

Joe Biden's carbon capture plan

California's electric vehicle ban.

Be interesting to see how Trudeau's Retreat develops.

• Typical UK household will pay no more than £2,500 a year on their energy bill for the next two years, starting from October 1.
  • Increase domestic oil and gas production by launching a new oil and gas licensing round as early as next week.
  • Lift the ban on fracking to enable shale gas production in areas where there is local support.
  • New six month support scheme for businesses will see them offered equivalent help on energy bills to what is being provided to consumers.
  • Government claims the package will boost economic growth and reduce inflation by 4-5 points.

It's nice to see the Old Country setting the example for Canada/ Trudeau ;)

Sounds like he lost a battle and is on the run. 👍🏻

Further to....

In the ineffable words of St Augustine of Hippo

"Oh, Master, make me chaste and celibate - but not yet!"

EXCEPTION - whatever "oppressed" demographic gets beaucoup taxpayer $$$ when they want it.

WTF is "intersex"? Can someone explain the insanity that is going on in this country?
Nope. Nobody can.

In my various social and work circles (which admittedly, often overlap) - but are quite different from each other demographically - I have not heard a single person from any walk of life support, or even understand, the sheer stupidity of what’s been happening.

On the one hand, I work for Alberta SOLGEN. I think it goes without saying, but the personality types there are the same types that we find here on army.ca - A lot of military folks & ex-military, now law enforcement folks.

On the other hand I work at a local establishment, we’re on the weekends we often have more than 1000 kids drinking & partying. (I say kids because the age range has usually been between 18 & 23.)

Two very different types of people, at very different stages of life. Representing two very different generations.

And not once has anybody from either hand understood it. Ironically enough, I typically find both are equally as rejecting of it as the other.

Nope. Nobody can.

In my various social and work circles (which admittedly, often overlap) - but are quite different from each other demographically - I have not heard a single person from any walk of life support, or even understand, the sheer stupidity of what’s been happening.

On the one hand, I work for Alberta SOLGEN. I think it goes without saying, but the personality types there are the same types that we find here on army.ca - A lot of military folks & ex-military, now law enforcement folks.

On the other hand I work at a local establishment, we’re on the weekends we often have more than 1000 kids drinking & partying. (I say kids because the age range has usually been between 18 & 23.)

Two very different types of people, at very different stages of life. Representing two very different generations.

And not once has anybody from either hand understood it. Ironically enough, I typically find both are equally as rejecting of it as the other.

There is Hope!

Coincidence?

Analysis: Why does Pierre Poilievre appeal to young Canadians?​

As scholars of populism have argued, the significant economic, social, demographic and technological changes of the last decade have produced a state of displacement and uncertainty that’s pushing emerging adults into conservative politics

Author of the article:
Sam Routley, Western University, The Conversation
Publishing date:
Sep 04, 2022 • 3 days ago • 5 minute read • 422 Comments

No business case for gas pipelines? Situation will change too rapidly?

Well the situation has changed rapidly.

12:23PM

Breackneck LNG build-out shows Germany can move fast, Scholz says​

The speed with which Germany managed to build and link up its first floating gas terminal to replace lost supplies of Russian gas should serve as a model for a new, pacier German economy, Chancellor Olaf Scholz said at the terminal's opening.

The 90 kilotonne Hoegh Esperanza, a shipborne regasification terminal, will in future be able to supply enough gas for 50,000 households for a year. Further floating liquid natural gas terminals will follow.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February left Germany, which for decades prospered from plentiful piped Russian gas, looking for alternative sources of energy once it had decided it did not wish to help finance Moscow's war.

Back