• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Zelenskyy Perturbed at Friend Trudeau

Here's his entire statement (Canadian highlights mine) ...
"Ukrainians!

All our defenders!

Today was a difficult day.

First, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had to summon Canada's representative to our country due to an absolutely unacceptable exception to the sanctions regime against Russia. It's not just about some Nord Stream turbine that Canada shouldn't have, but still decided to hand over. Hand over actually to Russia. This is about common rules.

If a terrorist state can squeeze out such an exception to sanctions, what exceptions will it want tomorrow or the day after tomorrow? This question is very dangerous. Moreover, it is dangerous not only for Ukraine, but also for all countries of the democratic world.

The decision on the exception to sanctions will be perceived in Moscow exclusively as a manifestation of weakness. This is their logic. And now, there can be no doubt that Russia will try not just to limit as much as possible, but to completely shut down the supply of gas to Europe at the most acute moment. This is what we need to prepare for now, this is what is being provoked now.

Because every concession in such conditions is perceived by the Russian leadership as an incentive for further, stronger pressure.

Of course, this decision on one turbine, which leads to many other problems, can still be revised. Russia has never played by the rules in the energy sector and it will not play now unless it sees strength.

Debris clearance continues all day in the city of Chasiv Yar in the Donetsk region. The day before yesterday, Russian terrorists hit two high-rise buildings, and as of now 31 people are known to be killed. Nine were saved.

Kharkiv faced new brutal attacks by the Russian army. Another rocket hit a residential building - one block was completely destroyed. In the morning, the occupiers shelled the Saltivka and Kyiv districts with rocket artillery – five people were killed.

The Odesa region was hit by missiles, extremely violent hostilities continued in the Donetsk region and on the territory of the Luhansk region.

My condolences to all relatives and friends of the deceased…

And against such a background, it's just a shame to see people lacking the courage to honestly deal with one turbine.

Today I submitted to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine a very important draft law - on legal and social guarantees for Polish citizens residing in Ukraine. In fact, this is a response to the law that was adopted by the Polish state in the spring in the interests of our citizens. In particular, I propose to give our Polish brothers the opportunity to legally stay in Ukraine for 18 months, the right to employment, economic activity, study at our universities, medical care.

I ask the people's deputies of Ukraine to consider this draft law as conscientiously as possible.

In relations with Poland, we have reached the highest level of trust and cooperation not just in decades, but in the lifetime of many generations of our nations. And we must increase it, we must further strengthen our ties in all spheres and on the basis of a clear understanding that Ukraine and Poland can be free only together - in brotherhood.

Today, I also signed a decree conferring the honorary title of the Rescuer City upon the city of Przemyśl. For the extremely significant contribution of the city authorities, volunteers and residents to help our people and our defense. Let me remind you that this is the second such decision – the Polish city of Rzeszów was the first to receive this title.

I held important negotiations with Prime Minister of the Netherlands Mark Rutte in Kyiv. We discussed our defense cooperation, financial assistance for Ukraine and the further progress of our country on the European path. I am thankful for the strong support, which is currently the largest in the entire history of Ukrainian-Dutch relations.

I had a conversation with President of Turkey Erdoğan. The key issue is the restoration of our export routes through the Black Sea. We are working on making it possible. The sooner this happens, the fewer people in the world will feel the impact of the food crisis that was so carefully prepared by Russia.

In the evening, I signed another decree on awarding our heroes. 287 combatants received state awards.

I am grateful to everyone who defends the people and the state!

I am grateful to everyone who works for the victory!

I believe that thanks to you, the sun will rise in Ukraine.

Glory to Ukraine!"

Everything he said is on point. I would have loved if he called JT our personally for this two-faced approach to sanctions.

Germany can reap what it sowed by putting all their eggs in one Marushka doll. If they need to pay more for this folly, so be it. Any LNG flowing from Nordstream is tainted with Ukrainian blood. If this goes through, we are fueling the war machine of the Russians.

Well, I guess Zelensky just found out what the rest of the world already knows. Trudeau can't be trusted on his words. He will abandon anyone at any time, regardless of what he has promised in front of the world, if that promise gets in the way of his personal agenda. Obviously, somehow, he thinks he's better positioned by breaking with the sanctions and other NATO countries on an agreed upon course of action. He just can't be trusted. If he's willing to distance us from our NATO allies, he's willing to throw away what little respect we have managed to gain and makes us an untrustworthy partner nobody will associate with, or take seriously.

Looks like it's the only one in existence in Canada, so far, but would need to be reconfigured for export, which is bizarre:

Canadian LNG Projects​

Canada’s only operational LNG terminal (an import terminal) is Canaport LNG’s regasification import terminal located in Saint John, New Brunswick.

Isn't Red China building one on the west coast?
China is part of a consortium that owns LNGCanada being built in Kitimat

The LNG Canada joint venture is building a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility in Kitimat, British Columbia, Canada, in the traditional territory of the Haisla Nation, which will initially consist of two LNG processing units referred to as “trains”. LNG Canada is a joint venture comprised of Shell plc, through its affiliate Shell Canada Energy (40%); PETRONAS, through its wholly-owned entity, North Montney LNG Limited Partnership (25%); PetroChina Company Limited, through its subsidiary PetroChina Canada Ltd. (15%); Mitsubishi Corporation, through its subsidiary Diamond LNG Canada Partnership (15%); and Korea Gas Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiary Kogas Canada LNG Ltd (5%). It is operated through LNG Canada Development Inc.

Looks like it's the only one in existence in Canada, so far, but would need to be reconfigured for export, which is bizarre:

Canadian LNG Projects​

Canada’s only operational LNG terminal (an import terminal) is Canaport LNG’s regasification import terminal located in Saint John, New Brunswick.

When KitmatLNG was proposed in 1999, it was going to be a LNG import facility as we were going to run out of domestic NG in 10-15 years, thanks to that evil Fracking, Canada can now export LNG for at least 70 years. It was quickly reapplied for as a export terminal in 2001 as I recall. That project was taken over by Chevron, who have basically abandoned for now. There are about 6 LNG proposals in sleep mode in Kitmat and Prince Rupert. I suspect at least one more will be restarted once KLNG goes online. The bands that signed agreements with LNGC and Coastal Gaslink (pipeline) will start seeing considerable revenue flow into their coffers and that lesson will not be lost on other FN.

When KitmatLNG was proposed in 1999, it was going to be a LNG import facility as we were going to run out of domestic NG in 10-15 years, thanks to that evil Fracking, Canada can now export LNG for at least 70 years. It was quickly reapplied for as a export terminal in 2001 as I recall. That project was taken over by Chevron, who have basically abandoned for now. There are about 6 LNG proposals in sleep mode in Kitmat and Prince Rupert. I suspect at least one more will be restarted once KLNG goes online. The bands that signed agreements with LNGC and Coastal Gaslink (pipeline) will start seeing considerable revenue flow into their coffers and that lesson will not be lost on other FN.

Hell. The First Nations just have to look at the money Russia is making from its enemies in transit fees and storage costs. Even European contracts are hard to break.

And Prince Rupert is a long way from Europe - Panama, Suez or the Capes?

Depending on the groundwork done, at least 4 years to complete the EA phase, as ground investigations (geotech, Archaeology, land claims, SARA listed species, water quality, etc) will have to be done prior so they can be reviewed during the EA and information gaps identified. The companies can help themselves by applying for permits to study the potentiel routes now and hire local FN to help with the studies and share that information with all bands that have Land Claims/treaties along the proposed routes. Then another 6 months to a year to get through the technical design phase to get regulatory permits, major modules can be ordered up at this point which generally have a 18-36 month lead time.

Some key issues
Cumulative impacts from multiple projects in the terminal area and pipeline routes?
Is dredging required for the terminal and access routes, is the dredge spoil contaminated and if so with what and how much, then where does it go?
Are there marine shipping and sea mammal impacts? A Termpol needs to be completed
is the Terminal in a geohazard area or is their critical habitat in that area?

Hell. The First Nations just have to look at the money Russia is making from its enemies in transit fees and storage costs. Even European contracts are hard to break.

And Prince Rupert is a long way from Europe - Panama, Suez or the Capes?

Cost is King. If we can produce it and ship it cheaply and reliably, no one will care where it comes from or is going to.

Depending on the groundwork done, at least 4 years to complete the EA phase, as ground investigations (geotech, Archaeology, land claims, SARA listed species, water quality, etc) will have to be done prior so they can be reviewed during the EA and information gaps identified. The companies can help themselves by applying for permits to study the potentiel routes now and hire local FN to help with the studies and share that information with all bands that have Land Claims/treaties along the proposed routes. Then another 6 months to a year to get through the technical design phase to get regulatory permits, major modules can be ordered up at this point which generally have a 18-36 month lead time.

Some key issues
Cumulative impacts from multiple projects in the terminal area and pipeline routes?
Is dredging required for the terminal and access routes, is the dredge spoil contaminated and if so with what and how much, then where does it go?
Are there marine shipping and sea mammal impacts? A Termpol needs to be completed
is the Terminal in a geohazard area or is their critical habitat in that area?

Respect Colin - but that is if all the rules in the rule books are deemed to be necessary.

Cost is King. If we can produce it and ship it cheaply and reliably, no one will care where it comes from or is going to.

I agree. But it still takes energy to move the stuff and the further it has to move the more it costs.

Respect Colin - but that is if all the rules in the rule books are deemed to be necessary.
While some of the regs need to go/be fixed (looking at you EC Water Quality Standards & Bill 67) if everyone comes to the table willing to work together and be honest, it will still take time, but you end up with a far better project that will last a long time. My friend was road engineer for CanFor, when the BC Forest Practise code came into effect (first time around) the forest companies whined and gnashed their teeth, but my friend pointed out their forest road maintenance cost dropped significantly, to the point they were saving money. Also helped by changes in bridge tech (modular steel/concrete bridges). The same tech effect is helping pipeline companies who can now HDD drill crossings that they never could do before and saves them a lot of headache maintaining stream crossings.

Why are those approx 6 LNG proposals in sleep mode? (Just genuinely curious, is all)

I thought this was sufficiently noteworthy to justify its own thread. Feel free to merge it with Ukraine.
“Not sure what to tell you President Zelinsky, but - yupp, sounds just like our guy to do this…”

“He approved something that went directly against the agreements that were made already? The consequences of his decision will affect pretty much everybody but himself? He doesn’t sound remotely interested in being accountable?

That’s absolutely our guy, you bet. What’s he done now?? No no no, sir, we don’t call him Prime Minister Trudeau, we just call him Justin…usually with a giant sigh or some energetic anger.”

“He is doing the exact opposite of what a sanction is, yet will look you straight in the face and tell you ‘he isn’t violating sanctions, he just decided he’s calling it an exemption instead? Well you know how kids are, they can be pretty imaginative…”

“Are you holding out hope that Chrystia Freeland, our ‘Minister of Everything’ will catch the innocent error and rectify it? 🤣🤣🤣😅😅😅😅😅

“Sorry Sir, just had to wipe the tears from my eyes… but I wouldn’t get your hopes up.”

“You’d like to ask her a couple of basic questions to understand the situation more clearly? Yeah, that’s never really been her thing…”

(Remember to bring some Xanax with you, and take some beforehand too. Like, don’t cheap out on Xanax in this case…)

“For what it’s worth, on behalf of the Canadian people, we didn’t exactly vote him in… yet somehow this clown is still here, just won’t leave…”

“You’re confused? Yes sir, as are we…”

Funny that Quebec didn't want any oil/NG but had no problem subsidizing a cement plant for the Gaspe. Maybe thats the key to get a LNG terminal on the Gaspe

I honestly would want to know what our Ambassador said in our defense. There's no salvaging this diplomatically. Not while Ukraine still exists in a state of war.

Last edited:
Back