• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Zamboni driver in western Quebec arrested for impaired driving after rink incident"

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Operation while Impaired. The definition was opened up from "motor vehicle" to "conveyance" in 2018 or so as more of a catch all for all the things people use to get around they shouldn't use while drunk.

Did a file under that section for a sailboat that had run aground years ago. We ended up determining that the boat had no sail, nor motor, or any other way of being set in motion besides human power and had to let the guy go after it was determined his floating home and was not a conveyance. There's other issues under impaired driving law for conveyances that are both homes and conveyances, and when they fit each definition. It's a mess.

Last edited:
This is the spirit of Canada I remember fondly from my childhood. I think I can handle living here another 20 years, if I should live that long. And thank goodness for Quebec. I'll have to moderate my antipathy towards sovereigntists; Quebec still makes valuable contributions to the essence of Canadianism.

This is the spirit of Canada I remember fondly from my childhood. I think I can handle living here another 20 years, if I should live that long. And thank goodness for Quebec. I'll have to moderate my antipathy towards sovereigntists; Quebec still makes valuable contributions to the essence of Canadianism.

There is a Canada Heritage Moment in here, someplace….

there was a case in Ontario

canoe, impaired adult, and child drowned , the adult was charged, and convicted,

there was appeal and it was dismissed
Yup, that one turned on definition of the word “vessel”. It was quite a case study in statutory interpretation.

there was a case in Ontario

canoe, impaired adult, and child drowned , the adult was charged, and convicted,

there was appeal and it was dismissed
Man, what a piece of shit, and what a greasy argument to make. Canoe, powerboat, peddlebike or car his actions killed a kid. Six years seems a bit light.

cartel king had a liking for hippos and when he was killed or arrested the hippos escaped their compound and run into the wild and the herd has grown. So there are now wild hippos running around South America.

so please keep youe house hippos on a leash when outside,

Back