• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WoT or World of Tanks

George Wallace said:
Warpack and other 'Cheats' that are so prevalent on WoT are what are turning me off the game.  That and WG still denying that their MM has no problems.

Personally I don't find warpack to be as prevalent as people think it is, besides warpack there really aren't any other "cheats" a player can use unless they can hack into the WG servers to fix things. I still prefer WoT to AW and WT.

KerryBlue said:

Personally I don't find warpack to be as prevalent as people think it is, besides warpack there really aren't any other "cheats" a player can use unless they can hack into the WG servers to fix things. I still prefer WoT to AW and WT.
Ya, same here.

Although I still can't believe they came out with a czech line before a Italian one.

Altair said:
Ya, same here.

Although I still can't believe they came out with a czech line before a Italian one.

I like the Czech line and I know it has been in the works for a long time. I think the next tree they are adding is the Swedish one from what Silent Stalker has said on his blog and it is due this year.

Problem with the Italian line is at least with the medium line ther tier 6/7 are paper panzers, and the 8/9/10 are basically just reskined tanks the pershing, patton and leopard.

KerryBlue said:
I like the Czech line and I know it has been in the works for a long time. I think the next tree they are adding is the Swedish one from what Silent Stalker has said on his blog and it is due this year.

Problem with the Italian line is at least with the medium line ther tier 6/7 are paper panzers, and the 8/9/10 are basically just reskined tanks the pershing, patton and leopard.
It's not like they didn't already do that with the Chinese line. Just reskined Russian tanks.

As for the Czech and now maybe swedish line, how many of these tanks saw action?

Italian tanks, which crappy(which can be addressed via tiering ), fought extensively in North Africa.

Wapack stopped existing a while ago, now there are just some of the legacy mods left over that are circulating around.

I've been a part of the high-end competitive community for a few years now, and the "warpack" use is greatly overstated. A lot don't use any mods anymore as WGLNA requires vanilla client. I'll get 3-4 "mod" accusations a day, and I haven't run a single mod in 2 years.

MM, on the other hand, is a difficult beast to fix. If you limit to skill-based, the top 1% will have massive queues as there are only so many of them around to play with. It might work with a larger server population, but USW has about 5k people in primetime. Biggest change they could make is hard code out fail platoons, and actively stop bots. Easy to see who is botting with 200 battles played and 40% winrate for the day.

PuckChaser said:
Wapack stopped existing a while ago, now there are just some of the legacy mods left over that are circulating around.

I've been a part of the high-end competitive community for a few years now, and the "warpack" use is greatly overstated. A lot don't use any mods anymore as WGLNA requires vanilla client. I'll get 3-4 "mod" accusations a day, and I haven't run a single mod in 2 years.

I've started slowly weening myself off mods in preparation for moving into either bronze or silver league next season. It has not been easy.

I've rotated back into my WoT addiction.  One thing I need to improve on is learning where to aim at certain tanks.  I used the mod that identifies each component on tanks (ammo, engine, etc..) for a few days a few years ago, but I hated how it made the game feel.

I'm currently grinding down the Czech line and I feel I would be more effective throwing ball peen hammers at the front of a Maus then using the tier 4 gun on a Czech medium.

Czech line gets better at 6, worse at 8, glorious at 9/10.

For all of you that play, wargaming has extended their military special offer to CAF members and veterans now. ID or CF1 card required to verify. Big list of stuff you get, with Canadian specific content in the works for us.

I was gifted a two week rental of the Italian Progetta tier 8 medium. It's got an odd 3 round auto loader, but puts out a lot of damage and is a good balance of speed, damage and armour. I was sad to see it go.

Colin P said:
I was gifted a two week rental of the Italian Progetta tier 8 medium. It's got an odd 3 round auto loader, but puts out a lot of damage and is a good balance of speed, damage and armour. I was sad to see it go.

It is my fav to grind credits....

Back