• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Winter Workout Season

Pearson87

Inactive
Reaction score
Winters around the corner, time to cut the high rep concentrated movements and go for some bulk. This has got to be my favourite part of the year. Time to focus on compound movements, get under some heavy weight and giv'r. Just talking about it while I'm sittin here at work is getting me goin.

For those of you that are like me, that love the gym, that love being stuck under a barbell on the 8th rep when you were only gonna do 6, this is it. This is the best part of the year. It is the next few months that you will add on 20-40 pounds, that your bench will increase by 2 sets, or by 2 plates. Every hour spent at the gym is pure. You are there to gain muscle, and to gain weight. Your diet can slack, beacuse you really dont care now. You can eat a few mcDicks meals cause you know its only gonna give you more power. As long as your still getting that golden protein in your system, the carbs can hit the roof. Sure maybe your girl friend is gonna be unhappy that your abs are fading a bit, or that your waiste has gotten a few inches on it, but you just dont care. You feel better than youve ever felt, your stronger, your bigger and your more pumped than before.

I walk into the gym, and I stop at the door, I look around and take it all in. This is my place, my weights, and my time. This place was built for me, and for anyone else who is like me. The place doesnt feel like home, it feels much better than that. I dont walk in my front door every day knowing im going to walk out better than I came in. Thats why the gym is sacred.

The next few months, are the best months of the year. We all have our workouts, our own diets, our own ideas of what we want to become. Share your goals, your ideas and your new workout plans.

This is a toast to anyone who knows what I am talking about, who feels the same things I am feeling. Ill be there, trapped under too much weight, exhausted, and ready to quit.. but you know what, I'll think about this, I'll know that one of you is out there, doing the same damn thing, but instead, you just pushd out another rep. That will be my fire to keep going, I wont quit, because I know that you wont either.

Heres my winter program:

Mon Chest, Tris and Shoulders

Flat Barbell bench press 4x6
Incline Barbell Bench Press 4x6
Military Barbell Shoulder Press 4x6
Seated Dumbell Side Shoulder Lifts 3x6
Tricep Push down 3x6
Tricep Kick Backs 3x6
Flat Dumbell Flys 3x6
Incline Dumbell Flys 3x6

** I start with the compound movements to warm up my tris,shoulders and pecs then focus more on each direct muscle as the list goes down. First 2 excersizes use the chest, shoulders and triceps, next one uses the shoulders and triceps, next one just the shoulders, then just the triceps, then just the chest. **

Weds Back biceps forearms

Lat pull downs (wide grip) 4x6
Seated Rowing (v bar) 4x6
Barbell Pull ups 4x6
Barbell Bicep curls 4x6
Cable Bicep Curls 3x6
Forearm Dumbell curls 3x6
Reverse Forearm Curls 3x6
Back Hyperextentions 3x6
One handed Dumbell Shrugs 3x6

Fri Quads, hams calves

*** to ground Squats 4x6
Dead lift 4x6
Leg Press 4x6
Lunges 3x6
Calf press 3x8
Calf raise 3x8

Every day I do a high rep pushup/situp/pullup/tricep dip routine, but that does not effect my workout. It is high rep endurance training. Im trying to figure out if im overtraining my body with my workouts and then my every day routine, time will tell. The signs havent started rearing their ugly head yet.

I eat a ton of food, and each body part has a full weeks rest before its used again. It works amazingly. Mostly low volume high weight stuff. Each body part doesnt see more than 12 sets of intense direct movement. Im not used to compound movements, typicallydo the 5 day/one muscle a day routine. Usually see huge gains when i switch over to this program.

For those of you that dont workout and are interested, or those of you that do.. I'm sure having everyone discuss their workouts and the pro's and con's of them will offer a good place to gain some information.

Put up your workout, critique mine, offer advise, lets see what everyone else is doing...

I used to have a big "complex" workout which I put a lot of time and effort in, with some decent results.. but for the last few months (since I've known I'm going into 031...) I completely changed my workout:

At the gym my average routine consists of:
-pushups:
      triangle: X- half, X- full, Y-half, Y-full (X Y being numbers depending on how much I can do)
      regular: same as above
      wide: same as above
-chinups (2 sets wide, 1 narrow and 2 at regular grip)
-dips (usually 3-4 sets of 15)
-abs (crunches, situps, leg lifts, a brutal thing where I hold the crunch and leg lift position and bring my knees to my chest...)
-bench press (alternating between dumbell and full bar, incline and flat.. when I have time) always 3-4 sets 8-12 reps
-dumbell fly (usually incline.. when I have time) normally 3 sets 8-12 reps
-rowing (when I have a lot of time)
-some days I will throw in curls (biceps), skull crushers (triceps), military press, and a couple others

After this, I always go running. Sometimes I will run a few km at a gentle pace, sometimes a very fast 2.4 km (in under 9 mins), sometimes I will say **** it and run another 2 or 3 km after this. If I feel like it I might run a fast 1km (under 4 mins), then do pushups and ab work, then repeat. I've only done a few sets of this, if I did more I would probably puke.

I find with my new routine I'm packing on the weight.. all muscle too, I've been leaning out. The last couple of days I have a huge motivation to do a lot of pushups, so today I did over 200 pushups in total, tomorrow I'm going to do 250, and keep increasing, 2 out of 3 days I will do this, to see how it works.

Hi, I haven't been working out for long, maby 4 months and have tried over 20 different routines. I like this new one I found.
1pullup,2pushups,2dips,5situps
2pullups,4pushups,4dips,10situps
3pullups,6pushups,6dips,15situps
...all the way to
10 pullups,20pushups,20dips,50situps
then back down to
1pullup,2pushups,2dips,5situps

Gives 100 pullups, 200 pushups,200dips,and 300 situps

I really like this one and do it every second day
There is 2 problems with it, I cant do 10 pullups or chinups(but I'm working on it) and the other problem is that I am not sore after it,
I cant remember ever being sore after a workout, even if I do 500 pushups in a night till I hit the ground(I have done it), I will still not be sore, I just cant make myself sore, no matter what

Another question, do you guys think that this will improve the amount of pushups I can do?(I can do 28)

Should I do chinups or pullups, I'm better at chinups( max 8  ),pullups(max4)

Back