• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

william george thow RCHA

joeflan

Inactive
Reaction score
joeflan50@msn.com

hi  all
please bare with me i'm new to this  forum i'm looking for any info on a william george thow  my  uncle who served in the royal canadian horse artilery  1950's early 60s  he was based  in northern ireland he married my mother's younger sister her name was ann hanna  married  willian george thow in belfast 1959...my uncle died a few year back lost contect with the family last known address...canterbury ave  attawa/ottawa  ontario any info would be most greatfull ....best regards    joeflan

I  served with a soldier named Thow in 1 RCHA in the 1960s, but I do not recall his given names. A marriage in Northern Ireland in 1959 would have been possible as he was stationed in Germany 1957-1960. He later was a commissionaire at Ottawa International Airport and has been deceased for a few years now. May I suggest you email Harry Rice at hjsrice @shaw.ca as he runs a network of artillery contacts and if any one can help, it would be Harry or one of his contacts.

hi old sweat

this is the same  THOW  i'm looking for  i knew he work in the airport  .when my mother died in 1994  my sister was visit my aunt and uncle my uncle george as we called him  got my sister on the frist plain to fly our of the airport a seat right beside the door so she be the first one of the plain  she arrived home 1 hour before my mother was buried  so yes he is my  uncle  he use to live  in  canterbury ave  ??  my aunt was to send us her new address but she did  she's the last of my mother side and she was the youngest ` any more info would be most well come  ...WITH GREATFUL THANKS      JOEFLAN

on by the way  his best man was ...J.P. DAIGLE....1RCHA  CAPE...    DON'T KNOW WHAT ..CAPE MEANS

joeflan said:
William George Thow in Belfast 1959... the family last known address...Canterbury Ave, Ottawa, Ontario; any info would be most grateful ....best regards    joeflan

You can try ordering his service records from the Library and Archives Canada.  If he died less than 20 years ago, some parts of the file will be blacked out, but it will provide some information on his service history for you.

Canadian Forces after 1918 (including Second World War)

How to Send an Inquiry Concerning Your Own or Another Individual's Records

* Your request must be signed.
    * To identify a file, we require surname, full given name(s), date of birth, and service number or social insurance number.
    * If you do not know the date of birth, service number or S.I.N. (social insurance number), secondary information (e.g., the names of next of kin, postings, dates of service, place of enlistment) can assist in identifying the correct individual.
    * Consult the section below on Access Restrictions.
    * Please specify what document(s) you require. If you are doing family history research, we recommend that you request a "genealogy package," which will include copies of selected documents from the file that highlight/summarize the individual's service.
    * We do not accept email inquiries for these records. Inquiries must be sent by mail or fax.
    * Your request can be written as a letter or you can print off a blank copy of the Application for Military Service Information form available in [PDF 663 KB] or [RTF 44,516 KB] format, which should be filled in, signed and sent by mail or fax.
      (Download Freeware)
    * Inquiries should be sent by mail or fax to:

ATIP and Personnel Records Division
Library and Archives Canada
395 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0N4
Fax: 613-947-8456

hi all
i would like to thank the forum for helping me to find my family.....especially  ( OLD SWEET )  AND  ( HARRY  RICE )  she's a live and well and living in  OTTAWA  i'm also in contact with her three  daughters... once again  many many thanks

joeflan      >> joe <<

Back