• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who is all waiting for selection board results?

• Thread starter Thread starter Maverick
  • Start date Start date
Could someone please nudge me when the air board meets? I feel like I am waiting for a bus on a cold dark night. November 17-18th. tick, tick, tick tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick,

The night only gets colder. Just keep yourself busy, stay positive and hurry up and wait like everyone else.

Good luck.  :cdn:

Goober said:
I believe merit listed means your application was approved, and now you are listed in the military's job bank, and every 6 weeks, there is a selection board that sits, and they get X amount of positions they must fill, and they take people from the job bank.

I was merit listed this week and I asked my CFRC whats next, they said I have to wait for the next selection board to see if I get picked then. If I don't, I have to wait till the next one, and so on and so forth. I chose 031.

Do you know whats the time difference between the selection board and the people on the merit list?? For example list of people who will be selected on Nov.5th where merit listed on for example  August (3 month difference) ??? Something like that on average??

Well I only know what they told me, and the recruiting center said once your merit listed, your name will be on the list that the next selection board will have. So for example, if your merit listed Nov 1st, you'll be on the list that the Nov 5th seleciton board will have.

If anyone who is actually in the know can verify this or not, please post. But this is what I was told by my recruiting officer. (everything except the example, I used that to clearify only)

Yah, I've been merit listed for months now, at least four or five and I'm still waiting.  Your position varies according to who comes and goes on the merit list, one day your #1, another day your #19, depending on who else applies that is more qualified than you.

Does anyone know the exact date the selection is going to be held in November????

I applied for 43 Aerospace engineering. is it possible to find out how many positions are still open.  ;D

THNKZ

Could you tell us what is your source?

Thx.

good question. you can call any cfrc and ask them directly about dEO board dates.

Well, thanks! I thought CFRCs wouldn't know it. I finally decided to ask it while in interview... that's coming soon, 24th!!

I dunno. But I don't worry, Inf. officer MOC is open. They need more candidates than what they can get in IMHO.

I called my recruiting center (Toronto) and tried to ask them how many openings there are for the 031 and they told me they are not allowed to tell me. WTF??

I've heard the same thing here in Vancouver, but I've spoke with others in Ottawa who found out easily how many openings for their trade.  I'm a bit miffed some recruiting centres will tell you and others won't.

Well the board sat last friday, and the calls should be coming out. If anyone gets a call, post here so we can all be envious of you :P

I just got my call today.. but I missed it doh! Called back and got the voice mail... They might be out for lunch I guess, its almost noon.

Back